Vodaphone S3: Stumped

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Stumped

Barry,
Sorry, I went back to the link that I originally provided you, and your response in post #13, then I went back to the Sammobile detail - looks like what you reported in post #13 was the correct version information for all components. I just can't explain why Kies wasn't happy with it.

My bad - sorry about the extra thrash.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

which i hope is VD2
Sorry, VD2 is the region code for Vodafone (Germany). You need VOD downloads, and that points to http://samsung-updates.com/details/21591/Galaxy_S_3_International/GT-I9300/VOD/I9300XXUGMK6.html

That looks like the build you originally loaded back in post #13, which appears to be correct. I just can't explain why Kies was unhappy with it.
(You did update to Kies v3, right?)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Barry Allington

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Hello, i am looking at my App called Phone Info, on there it says myProduct Code is GT-I9300RWDVD2, Sales Code is VD2, CSC Country is Germany & the CSC Country ISO is DE
Thank you, I've looked at the above link, from what i saw, it looks complicated & liable to a mistake being made

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Sales Code is VD2, CSC Country is Germany
As I noted above, VD2 is the region code for Germany.

If you go all the way back to the link I provided in post #9, that looks to be the correct link for your phone if you want to stick with 4.1.2. You should reload that (and be sure to clear the system cache in Recovery mode!) and just forget whatever Kies reports about the firmware.

If you want to step up to a 4.3 stock ROM then http://samsung-updates.com/details/21591/Galaxy_S_3_International/GT-I9300/VOD/I9300XXUGMK6.html looks like what you'd load. I'd caution against that though, because once you load 4.3 stock, you're stuck.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Barry Allington

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Hello, i have Rooted my phone & put Cyanogenmod with Nightly build 11 but couldn't get on with it so i've restored my phone. I sorted my CSC to VOD Uk but I now need to sort my Binary Code. I am going to look again at Root but not yet as i am going to leave my phone alone

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Barry,
Sorry, I'm not familiar with that ROM.

If you look in the rooting sub-forum for your model phone you should find some recommendations; that would also be the best place to pose that question.

Or you could look over on XDA and get some recommendations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87