My s3 was in water for about 45 mins

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.

After it's been in rice for 24-36 hours put the battery back in and see if it can be resuscitated.

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The longer you leave it immersed in a sealed container of rice, the better your chances of recovery. If you can wait 3-4 days, so much the better.

Was it fresh water or salt water?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Also remove the battery any time the phone gets a water accident. And dab off any circuitry with highest concentration rubbing alcohol.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
DO NOT try this until the phone has spent at least 48 hours in the rice - there's no quicker way to permanently ruin the phone than turning it on when components are wet. This isn't one of those phones with the nano-coating...

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't wait a couple of days to let the components thoroughly dry out?

Well, I don't know how well sealed the battery casings are - it's possible that the battery is heating up. If you shut the phone down and quickly remove the battery, is the battery still hot or is it the phone that's hot?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure how much it'll help now that you've turned the phone on, but take the battery out again and stuff it back into the rice for a couple of days before you try it again.

Otherwise, the Nexus 5 and Moto X are great phones.

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how much it'll help now that you've turned the phone on, but take the battery out again and stuff it back into the rice for a couple of days before you try it again.

Otherwise, the Nexus 5 and Moto X are great phones.

You forgot Moto G! Don't leave the baby out

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress