Phone not booting up

Fakhr E Alam

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys..
First of all forgive me for posting in the wrong section but as I found your help in another issue that's why I decided to ask in the same forum.
My samsung galaxy S is not booting up. It happened when I was using facebook and suddenly the phone froze and when I took out the battery and inserted it back it would freeze at the Samsung galaxy S logo. I can get it into both recovery(tried every option there) and download mode. I flashed a new OS using ODIN but the problem persisted. When I go into recovery mode I see something like E:can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1. Now guys please help me and tell me what to do next. By the way it charges normally if this info is of some use.
Waiting desperately for your reply.
Thanks

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I flashed a new OS using ODIN but the problem persisted. When I go into recovery mode I see something like E:can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
Odin said the write was successful? And you flashed the stock firmware?

A Google search turned up a ton of results for the error - you're going to have to wade through them based on your phone model. It generally sounded like you need to rewrite the PIT partition using Odin, but which file to use is dependent on your phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Fakhr E Alam

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes ODIN flash was successful. I searched online but I could not understand a single word that's why I came running here for help. Please help me

Fakhr E Alam

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
It was with a stock firmware at that time, then I flashed another firmware to it don't exactly remember which one but it was from samsung's website.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I think it's possible that you flashed the wrong firmware. It's critically important that you flash a version made for you exact model and carrier version. Flashing Verizon firmware on a Sprint phone, for example, can cause the kind of problem you're seeing. I'm not familiar with the Galaxy S, so I'm afraid I can't offer much advice other than to try Odin again, making sure you have the correct firmware.