Yet another water damage thread.

cali2385

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
A couple of weeks ago my phone had a small bit of water damage. However, I was extremely drunk at the time and didn't notice til the next morning. Took everything apart and left it in rice for days.
But I have no sound whatsoever, mic doesn't work and my camera won't work.
The only water damage indicator that bled wad the one at the top of the phone under the speaker.
I bought a new speaker and replaced the old one but still no sound.
Is there any hope? Could I buy a new motherboard or would it be a waste of money.
I know it's hard to say without seeing the phone but any advice would help.

Thanks.

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
The best thing you should right now is leave it for a week or so without switching it on. If you tried switching it on while wet, then its slowly dying. But I think its survived, you need to leave it to breathe for a while, I think the water might have seeped into the motherboard. So, the best thing to do is get it to completely dry, but still the camera might not work. When it everything seems to be the same even after you dry it, the get it checked and some parts replaced.

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Clean it with alcohol and a qtip
Rice will let the non evaporating impurities in the [insert random fluid here] stay behind.

Make sure all your ribbon connections are solid [the ones that disconect that is]

I am assuming by take apart you dont just mean the battery and batt cover, but if so I mean clean the circot boards obviously.

But that is only if you feel co mfortable opening the phone. Plenty of youtube videos

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Did the above with my samsung that went through a full cycle in the washing machine and it was on.

Works perfectly ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87