How to use USB OTG MICRO USB

strong-heart

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I connected a flash drive to my Galaxy s3... i can see and view the data (all photos) but i cant access them when i wish to txt a photo or post a photo to a social media like Facebook. How can i get the phone to include the flash drive as a source/choice from which i can draw data from.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I connected a flash drive to my Galaxy s3... i can see and view the data (all photos) but i cant access them when i wish to txt a photo or post a photo to a social media like Facebook. How can i get the phone to include the flash drive as a source/choice from which i can draw data from.

I don't think you can do that without. Can you open the image or file and share it? As opposed to trying to add the photo or file when already in the messaging app.

strong-heart

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I was able to access the flash drive photos directly through the use of the Gallery. I am unable to copy, cut, share... the only thing the phone seems to want to do is, set photo as wallpaper or as a contact. Once again, even though the phone gives me access to the flash drive. It doesnt want to give me additional options (through the drop windows) in reguards to the USB FlashDrive.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I am using a Meenova with my Note 2. I have no problem writing, viewing and copying using Es File manager. Seems to see it as well as the internal memory of my phone. Music and video that I have downloaded to my phone can be accessed by the external drive and then shared with other devices.

http://www.meenova.com/st/p/m3r.html
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk