Next phone: Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2, Galaxy Note 3?

justguff

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a galaxy s3, and it has served me well. Now i'm trying to figure out what my next phone will be. And, while i have no doubt that i'll be happy with any of them, i just want to make the best choice!

I went with the s3 originally because i LOVE the removable battery. There is nothing like being in times square with a dead battery and just popping in a new one. Leading me to the s5 or note 3.

I have also started to notice lately that the memory that my s3 has is slowly getting chewed up, so it makes me wonder if i want more ram? That would lead me to the note 3 or the xperia z2 (if it becomes available stateside).

The note 3 is quite large and getting older (not necessarily old, but i don't want my new phone to be obsolete relatively quickly...obsolete is a strong word, but i hope you catch my drift)

Sony: that camera.

HTC: that build quality.

I don't know, help!

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a galaxy s3, and it has served me well. Now i'm trying to figure out what my next phone will be. And, while i have no doubt that i'll be happy with any of them, i just want to make the best choice!

I went with the s3 originally because i LOVE the removable battery. There is nothing like being in times square with a dead battery and just popping in a new one. Leading me to the s5 or note 3.

I have also started to notice lately that the memory that my s3 has is slowly getting chewed up, so it makes me wonder if i want more ram? That would lead me to the note 3 or the xperia z2 (if it becomes available stateside).

The note 3 is quite large and getting older (not necessarily old, but i don't want my new phone to be obsolete relatively quickly...obsolete is a strong word, but i hope you catch my drift)

Sony: that camera.

HTC: that build quality.

I don't know, help!

I agree with you on all of your comments. If I upgrade my s4, it would be to the note3. Camera on the note 3 may not be the best, but it's no slouch. The HTC is a great build but it will get covered with a case for me anyways so it will just be heavier in my pocket. I looked at the s5 but hardware on the note is comparable with .5 more screen. I do like the thumb reader to unlock but not at sacrificing the screen real estate. Heart rate monitor, meh. I looked at the lg g flex due to the bigger size and specs but I can't get used to the buttons in the back like that. I would sorely miss my home button. Been there done that before.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy ? S4 using Tapatalk Pro

ike1973

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like I'm in the same boat as you. I'm also currently a galaxy S3 user and my next phone is going to be the Note 3. More screen, faster processor, more ram. It's like an S3 on steroids. Can't wait to get it in my hands!

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I've recently switched from a GS3 to a Moto X. It's a great phone with a mediocre camera. Unless Samsung improves their build quality I'll probably never buy another Samsung phone again. The Moto has a much much better screen than the GS3, it's much smoother compared to a GS3 running TW. Active notifications are awesome. It feels much better and more solid than my GS3 ever did. Also it's overall a smaller phone despite having the same size screen. I'd highly recommend taking a look at it.

Also you don't need more RAM, you just need a phone that doesn't run Touchwiz.