Web bookmarks GONE!

nealbscott

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
So I was doing battle with the error message "unfortunately, internet has stopped" I would get this EVERY TIME I clicked on the bookmark icon star thing in the upper right corner of the stock internet browser. So I went to:
Settings -> application manager -> 'All' tab -> Internet
Then I clicked 'Clear Cache', then I clicked 'Clear Data'

Well that certainly fixed the error I was trying to fix. But it created a new problem. When I go to my bookmarks it lists a section called 'My Device' (like it always did) but the other section is entirely gone. This is the section of bookmarks that mirrors the bookmarks from Google Chrome on my desktop PC. Its GONE! :eek:

And yes the bookmarks are still there in Chrome on my PC.
Yes I went to Settings -> Google (listed below the 'accounts' area) -> sync all Made no difference.

How can I get those bookmarks back?

Using Android 4.4.2, not rooted, stock Internet browser.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and look for something like Browser or Internet. Make sure it's checked.

Love your avatar!

nealbscott

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I didn't think to click my name, sheesh. Did not see any item like internet or browser. The only two things left unchecked were movies and newsstand.. Should there be an entry listed for bookmarks?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If your stock browser syncs with your Chrome bookmarks, it should be listed in the Accounts settings.

Also check all of the settings of your stock Browser--anything there about syncing bookmarks?

nealbscott

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I solved it!! I found an APK file that I had to install that restored the synch functionality. The moment I did that, your above suggestion became an option. Which is to say, I clicked Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account] and then I found something listed that wasn't there before, 'sync internet' It definitely was not there before.

I would post the link I got the APK file from, but this message board says I don't have enough posts yet. It is somebody's dropbox share, and the file name had 'com something something sync adapter' in its name. Of course I have no idea if this apk was designed for KitKat, nor do I know if it was laden with viruses. But I can certainly synch now. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non