How do I get files off of my phone with my screen busted?

zoeph2011

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Screen busted - need to pull files

Hi all,

Screen is busted, I'm getting a new phone.

Trying to Debug the USB so i can connect Kies 3, with no screen what freeware do I need. I have eclipse installed, but there's no walk-through, and first thing it says is to debug the phone...

Please send help if you've got it! thank you!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Screen busted - need to pull files

Welcome to the forums!
no it is not locked.
you think i can still click randomly?
I'm not sure I understand your response, so I'll ask a different way - are you using a Pattern/PIN/Password lockscreen? If not, you should be able to connect the phone to your computer and use the Kies software to backup your information (no messing with enabling USB Debugging required).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

zoeph2011

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

there is no pattern/pin/password/lockscreen.

it says in Kies 3 to "Unsupported connection mode alert" enabled MTP.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Weird. I didn't think that Kies cared if the phone was in PTP or MTP mode.
You could try turning the phone off and back on (use a battery pull if necessary) and see if Kies works properly.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

zoeph2011

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

thank you! that was informative for future reference, but unfortunate to have to order something else. Thank you!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Once you get the new phone (another S3?) you could take them to a nearby Best Buy or Samsung Service Centre and see if they can move the data for you.

If you're getting another S3, at worst you could swap the new screen over to get the information off and then put it back on the new device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87