Why does my phone keep restarting and wont get past the Samsung screen?

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S3 help, phone keeps restarting and wont get past the sampson screen

help my samsung Galaxy S3 phone keeps restarting and wont get past the samsung screen. ive tryed holding down the power button, home and volume up and it shows "recovery boot" in small blue print in the left corner, goes black then shows the sampsung logo, but then jus resets and keeps vibrating?? how can i get to the factory reboot menu? ...is it a brick? :(

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the Forums!

When you are in Recovery Mode as you described, are you able or unable to select Reboot by using the Volume Up/Down buttons? If you are able to select Reboot in this way, what happens when you press the Power button?

Also, have you tried removing and replacing the battery, perhaps leaving it out for an hour or so?

And on the subject of battery, have you experienced anything recently to give you reason to believe that the battery might be failing?

Posted via Android Central App

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 help, phone keeps restarting and wont get past the sampson screen

i took the battery out for about 20 mins and it did nothing. its a relatively new battery so i dont think thats the case. when i hold the three buttons it shows the "recovery boot" but it goes black in like 3 seconds after and it repeats the same black screen, vibrate, logo black screen. i cant get into any recovery mode or anything im baffled, i found a site about firmware but i dont really know how to do that stuff.. thanks for the speedy reply! i appreciate that!

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site

its literally seems like its just turning on and off.. I have a feeling its just the power button. any idea how much that would be to get fixed? say at best but or radioshack??

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

If you take the battery out and reinsert it, does the phone turn itself on (without you pressing the Power button)? If so, either the Power button is stuck or the actual Power switch on the mainboard is malfunctioning. It may be enough to follow the instructions in this video http://youtu.be/KXSbBG4NV-w to unstick it. If not you'll probably need to get the Power switch replaced.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Agree with GSDer.
Sammies seem to be prone to faulty power buttons.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non