New Galaxy s3 - Won't send MMS messages

mrizzo44

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I just replaced my Galaxy s3 with a new Galaxy s3 (I cracked the screen on the old one), and I'm having some issues with the new phone. The biggest issue is that I can't seem to send MMS messages. I take a screenshot of my phone, attempt to send it as a MMS message, and the recipient never receives it. This definitely worked with my old phone (I sent MMS messages several times a day), but it will not work now. I get the little "spinning wheel" icon next to the pic, and it never stops spinning.

Can anybody think of reason why this might be? Basic troubleshooting measures that I've tried:

- Sending a different picture
- Verifying that WiFi is turned off
- Tried sending to a different recipient (both iPhone and Droid users)
- Pull battery from phone, reboot, and try again

None of those things made a difference. This is very frustrating. Can anybody help?

Thanks,
Mike

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

You've noted that Wi-Fi is turned off, but you didn't mention the state of Mobile data - that needs to be turned on (and functional) in order for MMS to send. (Note: this may be carrier dependent - that's how it works on Verizon.)

mrizzo44

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

You've noted that Wi-Fi is turned off, but you didn't mention the state of Mobile data - that needs to be turned on (and functional) in order for MMS to send. (Note: this may be carrier dependent - that's how it works on Verizon.)

Yes mobile data is enabled, and i am able to access the Internet.

Thanks,
Mike

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Two things come to mind:
- if your model uses a SIM card, you may try getting a new SIM card from a local carrier store
- contact Customer Service and ask them to check things at their end; when you got the new ESN they may not have provisioned your account correctly