Why can't I get rid of that little blue arrow on the left side by holding back button?

angelagentile

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I can't get rid of that little blue arrow on the left side by holding back button

I have had this blue arrow on the left side of my screen pop up, it's part of a slide out menu. I want to get rid of it. I used to be able to get rid of it by holding the back button, but that's not doing the trick. I've turned off my phone, took out the battery and restarted it. Still not able to get rid of this blue arrow. It is annoying because it is in every screen shot. Please help!
Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: I can't get rid of that little blue arrow on the left side by holding back button

Could you post a picture of this? I don't recall seeing a pop-up arrow on an S3...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: I can't get rid of that little blue arrow on the left side by holding back button

Sounds like the OP is using Multi window. Is there an option for the back button in those settings?

From an AOSP M8

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Wait, MultiWindow made it all the way back to the S3? I thought it was down to S4! Well, in that case yeah, that does sound pretty much like the MultiWindow slide-out menu.

In that case you SHOULD be able to make it go away by holding the back button, or just disable MultiWindow if you don't use it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Wait, MultiWindow made it all the way back to the S3? I thought it was down to S4! Well, in that case yeah, that does sound pretty much like the MultiWindow slide-out menu.

In that case you SHOULD be able to make it go away by holding the back button, or just disable MultiWindow if you don't use it.
One of the final official updates included multi window.

From an AOSP M8

angelagentile

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site

Not sure how to get rid of "MultiWindow". - Can you tell me how, please?
I learned that I can move the arrow around the perimeter of the screen though.

angelagentile

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
NVM. I found MultiWindow. Turned it off. Then I went back to the home screen. The arrow was still there. I went back to turn on MultiWindow. Went back to the home screen. Arrow still there. Held the back button, and voila! It disappeared.
File closed. :)