How do I get rid of this notification?

prplhze2000

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
This keeps on popping up several times a day. Very annoying. I press the do not ask again button and it does nothing. Using a Pixel 7 pro. I can only swipe right to get rid of it. An hour or several hours later, it pops up again. Half a dozen or more times a day.

Screenshot_20230730-073906.png

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using a 3rd party app called Inbox for your email, rather than the Gmail app?

What happens if you long-press that notification, then tap the gear icon, then turn the toggle off for the highlighted notification category?

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Seems "Do Not Ask Again" would be the most applicable unless you're looking to do more investigating on where it's coming from and adjust the settings accordingly.

In any case, whatever app it is I'm assuming you want it and want it to work right so.. it's asking you to disable battery optimizations and for that you go to Settings>Battery>Battery Usage>Find and tap on the app>Choose from Unrestricted / Optimized / Restricted.

Unrestricted will stop the notification but you're giving the app permission to possibly eat away at your battery life.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's the usual method, but isn't it as simple as tapping "Do not ask again" in this case?
You're right, it should be that simple -- but for whatever reason, your tapping "Do not ask again" isn't working correctly. I can't explain that right now -- perhaps there's some other 3rd party app that's interfering with that function? In any case, turning off that notification category (assuming it doesn't include anything else important to you) should get rid of the problem.

Reactions: Mr. Lucky

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If I select the settings on left, it asks if I want to let calendar run in background
If you long-press the notification, do you see something that looks like this?

Screenshot_20230731-222854.png

If so, tap the gear icon associated with that notification, and then pay attention to which notification category is highlighted in the subsequent menu, and turn that toggle off.

If that's not what you see, then show us a screenshot of what you do see when you long-press the notification.