How do I get a wallpaper pic off my Galaxy S3?

A

AC Question

How do I get a wallpaper pic off my Galaxy S3

I took a picture and sent it to someone in a text, and then used the picture as my wallpaper. I now have a new phone and want to extract that picture out of my old Galaxy S3 and save it, but the text has long been deleted, and it got deleted from my camera's gallery but I know it's in there somewhere because it's still the wallpaper on my old phone. I connected the Galaxy S3 to a PC via USB and searched the phone for all of the pictures but still can't find it. Is it hidden away in some system folder I don't have access to? Help would be appreciated.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: How do I get a wallpaper pic off my Galaxy S3

I took a picture and sent it to someone in a text, and then used the picture as my wallpaper. I now have a new phone and want to extract that picture out of my old Galaxy S3 and save it, but the text has long been deleted, and it got deleted from my camera's gallery but I know it's in there somewhere because it's still the wallpaper on my old phone. I connected the Galaxy S3 to a PC via USB and searched the phone for all of the pictures but still can't find it. Is it hidden away in some system folder I don't have access to? Help would be appreciated.

It may be saved as a cached image somewhere on the internal memory that requires root access and a coke manager that can see that folder. Use a file manager to browse the images. If possible, show the hidden folders and files and see if the image is visible.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: How do I get a wallpaper pic off my Galaxy S3

It's not like a PC, I don't think you'll be able to find it or the file for it. If you don't have the pic elsewhere and it's not one that can bee found on the internet create a clean home screen and take a screen shot of it then crop out the top and bottom.

Posted via the Android Central App