Why isn't my SD card not supported?

A

AC Question

card not support sd

No matter how many SD cards I try the phone will not recognize that there is an SD card in it. This is definitely a phone issue.

1. First, the SD card that came in the phone from Sprint (Samsung 8GB MicroSD class 2), which worked fine for more than a year, became corrupt. The phone showed a message that there was no SD card. I completely turned off the phone and opened it up. The SD card was installed properly. I pulled it out and tried the card in my laptop and my printer and got a media error. The card was corrupt. Ok, just get a new card, right?
2. I bought two new SD cards - Lexar MicroSD Class 6 - one 16GB and one 8GB. Both are recognized by my laptop and printer - nothing wrong with the cards.
3. For each card I turned off the phone completely, installed a new card and turned the phone back on.
4. Then I went to the phone settings > Storage. Under SD card - nothing (see pic). The cards are not recognized. Samsung Galaxy S3 not recognizing SD Card-screenshot_2014-02-28-10-08-50.png
5. I plugged each of the new cards into my laptop and ran the chkdsk command. Both cards "Windows has checked the file system and found no problems."

How do I fix the phone? Can I fix the phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: card not support sd

Welcome to Android Central! Check the SD slot itself for any debris. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out. If it's clean, there may be an issue with the firmware or hardware. Is the phone system completely up to date?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez