Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    Does anyone know if Galaxy S4 supports UHS-1 speeds for UHS-1 microSD cards? Class 10 read/write speeds are usually 10 MB/s whereas UHS-1 speeds are typically higher than that (70/30 MB/s read/write).

    I know that UHS-1 Class 10 microSD cards will be compatible with Galaxy S4 (that is not the question) - they will work at a lower read/write throughput speed than UHS-1. My question is that will S4 support the UHS-1 speeds or not?

    Osho
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    Pretty sure the GS4 will read from a card as fast as the card makes it available, so I'd imagine yes.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by oshogg View Post
    Does anyone know if Galaxy S4 supports UHS-1 speeds for UHS-1 microSD cards? Class 10 read/write speeds are usually 10 MB/s whereas UHS-1 speeds are typically higher than that (70/30 MB/s read/write).

    I know that UHS-1 Class 10 microSD cards will be compatible with Galaxy S4 (that is not the question) - they will work at a lower read/write throughput speed than UHS-1. My question is that will S4 support the UHS-1 speeds or not?

    Osho
    I'd like to know this as well
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

    Most information I found on the web says these cards work
    best on UHS-1 enabled camers and video cameras.

    As you can see, Samsung claims it works on "Smartphones."

    John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?-uhs-1-card.jpg  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by thehatguy View Post
    As you can see, Samsung claims it works on "Smartphones."
    Yes, but most companies definition of "it works" is usually that files can be read and written - no matter at what speed .

    If you can find out, could you please post here?

    Thanks,
    Osho
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    I got one here at work, and tried benching the card from my Galaxy S3.
    The card is a SanDisk Ultra 64 GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card 30MB/s with Adapter SDSDQUA-064G-U46A
    Edit: To clarify, I removed the card from my Galaxy S3 and benched it in the US version Galaxy S4.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?-screenshot_2013-05-02-15-56-54.jpg   Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?-screenshot_2013-05-02-16-15-10.jpg  
    Last edited by mustanley; 05-02-2013 at 03:36 PM.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    I have Transcend Information 64GB MicroSDHC Class10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter 90/25MB/s (TS64GUSDU1) and I benchmarked it on the Galaxy S4. It shows 10 MB/s write and 20 MB/s read speed. Definitely Class-10 but not UHS-1.

    Osho
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    I don't know about the i9505 version but the i9500 Octa version does support UHS-I.

    I'm getting 54.92MB/s read and 54.06MB/s write using my Sandisk 30MB/s rated UHS-I MicroSD.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by mustanley View Post
    I got one here at work, and tried benching the card from my Galaxy S3.
    The card is a SanDisk Ultra 64 GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card 30MB/s with Adapter SDSDQUA-064G-U46A
    Edit: To clarify, I removed the card from my Galaxy S3 and benched it in the US version Galaxy S4.
    I'm getting the same speeds on the SanDisk Class 10 UHC-1 as well.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    I'm using this Memory Card but the 32gb version, haven't benchmarked it yet. But it works really great. Using it for music and movies.
    Phone:
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505) - Sandisk Ultra 32GB

    Tablet:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (T700) - Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32GB
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    ^
    Thats the exact one I use except it is the 32GB version.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    Hello, i need help please.

    I have Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505) with Android 4.2.2 and only 16GB of memory.

    Which microSD card you people recomend me to buy?

    1. SanDisk Extreme Pro 16GB (read 95MB/s and write 90MB/s); SDSDQXP-016G

    2. Samsung MicroSDHC Pro 16GB (read 70MB/s and write 20MB/s); MB-MGBGB

    3. Toshiba Exceria Ultra High Speed Class 10, UHS-I Typ HD (read 95MB/s and write 30MB/s)


    Which one is better?

    Will i get this speed results on my phone when i will make a speed test of rear/write on microSD card or this results are not true?

    Or will be the same if i buy SanDisk Ultra C10 (read 30MB/s and write 10MB/s) becouse of limitation on my device? Could Galaxy S4 do more that 10MB/s write?


    I would like have a very fast microSD for recording my video in FULL HD without any lag.

    Last year i had Galaxy S3 with SanDisk Ultra C10 and when i was recording, the video "sticking"

    alawadhi3000 - are you sure, that this result you get, is not the read/write speed for internal memory of phone?
    Thanked by:
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    I wanted to know this also as there is a big price difference in the Class 6 and Class 10 is about $50 locally.
    So I called Samsung. It took them some time but they pulled up their specs.
    They only support a Class 2-6. They will use any of them but can only write / read from Class 6 and down.
    Thanked by:
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1010 View Post
    I wanted to know this also as there is a big price difference in the Class 6 and Class 10 is about $50 locally.
    So I called Samsung. It took them some time but they pulled up their specs.
    They only support a Class 2-6. They will use any of them but can only write / read from Class 6 and down.
    Pretty sure all UHS-1 cards have to be Class 10. I think the Class 10 is only to imply that it gives Class 10 speeds on older devices. UHS-1 devices will be several times faster than Class 10 if the card is also UHS-1.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by oshogg View Post
    Does anyone know if Galaxy S4 supports UHS-1 speeds for UHS-1 microSD cards? Class 10 read/write speeds are usually 10 MB/s whereas UHS-1 speeds are typically higher than that (70/30 MB/s read/write).

    I know that UHS-1 Class 10 microSD cards will be compatible with Galaxy S4 (that is not the question) - they will work at a lower read/write throughput speed than UHS-1. My question is that will S4 support the UHS-1 speeds or not?

    Osho
    I've been using the Samsung UHS-1 (70/30 MB/s read/write) with my S4 without issue. I upgraded from the SanDisk Ultra due to it underperforming in my GoPro camera.
    The Samsung UHS-1 cards are far superior and have no problem reading or writing when used in conjunction with the S4.

    Posted via Android Central App
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    My S4 has fried 2 SD cards in 2 months. Anyone else experiencing this? I had an Adata 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 card both times, and after 27 days, both times, the card conked out. Might have to get a Samsung card if that's the case. Can anyone confirm that the Samsung card won't conk out after use? I only ever used about 4-5GB so I don't know why this would happen. Does it have anything to do with charging my phone when it's on at night? I find that hard to believe though.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Perone View Post
    My S4 has fried 2 SD cards in 2 months. Anyone else experiencing this? I had an Adata 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 card both times, and after 27 days, both times, the card conked out. Might have to get a Samsung card if that's the case. Can anyone confirm that the Samsung card won't conk out after use? I only ever used about 4-5GB so I don't know why this would happen. Does it have anything to do with charging my phone when it's on at night? I find that hard to believe though.
    I've been using the Samsung as mentioned above for about w months. Regularly using about 20GB of space due to GoPro images and video etc. Without an issue. I also charge my phone each evening with cards in place.
    Hope that helps. :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    Should read 2 months... NOT w months!

    Posted via Android Central App
  19. #19  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,942 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    I went ahead and ordered a Sandisk Extreme 64GB today for my S4. It should also work in my new Note 3.

    Not rooted, Stock rom, just Awesome (NSA)
    Live long and prosper.


  20. #20  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    I went ahead and ordered a Sandisk Extreme 64GB today for my S4. It should also work in my new Note 3.

    Not rooted, Stock rom, just Awesome (NSA)
    did the SanDisk extreme work on your sgs4?
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    I went ahead and ordered a Sandisk Extreme 64GB today for my S4. It should also work in my new Note 3.

    Not rooted, Stock rom, just Awesome (NSA)
    Im thinking of buying that exact card, since it's touted as the fastest in the world (rated at 80read 50 write but actually benchmarks 91 read and 61 write) for my Note 3 but I can't find any info that says it supports UHS-1, can you verify once you get the note 3?
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    still waiting for an answer
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    Looks like its not supported (not even for the Note 3). Checkout this thread:

    USB3 speed testing - xda-developers
    Thanked by:
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    UHS-1 Works at the higher speed when in a UHS compliant device. However, it's downward compatible and will work just fine at Class 10 in the Galaxy S4
    Thanked by:
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Does Galaxy S4 support UHS-1 speeds on UHS-1 microSD cards?

    What do you mean, "YOU people?"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 02:13 PM
  2. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Moving Apps to External MicroSD Card
    By Viraj Rao in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 04:29 PM
  3. Will galaxy s4's be out on show yet?
    By AndroidS3 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2013, 11:25 AM
  4. OK, where is best deal on 32gb microSD card?
    By zrxoa1 in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 10:29 AM
  5. Getting Market to work on Honeycomb microsd card
    By bseblman in forum Barnes & Noble Nook Color
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 08:07 AM

Posting Permissions