Help with MHL Cable for S4

ForgetApple

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I've searched the forum and couldn't really find a direct answer to what I'm looking for...

I have an S4, I'd like to connect it to my TV via HDMI. I need to know exactly what pin count mini USB I need. I keep reading 11, 6 and 5, none of which make sense to me. I don't need anything fancy, something thats less than $10 (or better yet, less than $5) from China off of eBay.

Would this do the trick? - New Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 Micro USB 5pin to S4 S3 i9300 I9500 MHL HDMI Adapter | eBay

Like I said, I don't need anything fancy, just something that works and gives me an excuse to connect to the TV once in a while.

If the one above would work, then how would that compare to this one for example? P4PM MHL 2 0 Micro USB to HDMI HDTV Adapter for Samsung Galaxy I9500 i9300 N7100 | eBay

Thanks for the help folks. I just recently ditched my iPhone (it was my third one) for an S4 and couldn't be happier so I'd like to get a few add ons like this for tinkering! :)

cachun402

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Why not just use the all share cast hub? It connects via hdmi to your tv and your connects wireless to it

Posted via Android Central App

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Why not just use the all share cast hub? It connects via hdmi to your tv and your connects wireless to it

Maybe because the All Share Cast Hub is about $100? It should be a simple, and cheap connection to do what the OP wants to do. For $1.75 shipped it's hard to go wrong if the connector works.

Seth_Overbury

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Maybe because the All Share Cast Hub is about $100? It should be a simple, and cheap connection to do what the OP wants to do. For $1.75 shipped it's hard to go wrong if the connector works.

I've also heard that the AllShare Hub lags--so that video and audio are out of sync--primarily due to WIFI interference. I had a Samsung rep tell me that for it to work properly, you have to disconnect your wifi network prior to using it to prevent the interference. More work than its worth, I think.

I was also looking for one of these cheapy cables and could never find a straight answer for which one would work (other than the expensive samsung product). I'm interested to see how it works--please post an update once you've tried it!

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I've searched the forum and couldn't really find a direct answer to what I'm looking for...

I have an S4, I'd like to connect it to my TV via HDMI. I need to know exactly what pin count mini USB I need. I keep reading 11, 6 and 5, none of which make sense to me. I don't need anything fancy, something thats less than $10 (or better yet, less than $5) from China off of eBay.

I
Would this do the trick? - New Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 Micro USB 5pin to S4 S3 i9300 I9500 MHL HDMI Adapter | eBay

Like I said, I don't need anything fancy, just something that works and gives me an excuse to connect to the TV once in a while.

If the one above would work, then how would that compare to this one for example? P4PM MHL 2 0 Micro USB to HDMI HDTV Adapter for Samsung Galaxy I9500 i9300 N7100 | eBay

Thanks for the help folks. I just recently ditched my iPhone (it was my third one) for an S4 and couldn't be happier so I'd like to get a few add ons like this for tinkering! :)

I just recently picked up one it's worth it. You can get full control of your android device on the tv that's a huge benefit. if you also have xmbc setup you can run it from there. The problem with All share it only support key functions like photos, movies, music that you have internally on your device but no ability to run other apps so MHL adapter will allow you to get full use of your phone and run any apps that you want it acts like a monitor

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if Chromecast might not be another option. For $35 it seems to do a lot and they keep adding more apps, like PLEX.

Seth_Overbury

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I just recently picked up one it's worth it. You can get full control of your android device on the tv that's a huge benefit. if you also have xmbc setup you can run it from there. The problem with All share it only support key functions like photos, movies, music that you have internally on your device but no ability to run other apps so MHL adapter will allow you to get full use of your phone and run any apps that you want it acts like a monitor

What cable did you get? Brand/model/store/price? Thanks!

billthehulk

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
HELP I have been seeing mixed reviews. Need an mhl from a Galaxy S4 to a 55' Vizio Led model M55ONV. Currently my ps3 works fibegreat byo hdmi and old dell pc thru monitor ports.