- 1 Posts
Don't update to 4.3
So this morning I updated my active from 4.2.2 to 4.3. After it downloaded and booted a couple times, I no longer had cell service. I thought there might have been an error on the install so rebooted the phone...nothing. I took the simchip and battery out for a couple minutes and then rebooted...nothing. I then tried a hard reset and ....nothing.
I then went into an AT&T store thinking my simchip died and asked for a replacement simchip. Powered the phone down, removed the battery and old simchip, replaced it with new one, turned the phone back on and.... Yup, nothing. Called tech support and they said that the update probably burned out the simchip reader! Huh! How is that possible? They said that there have been a couple instances with this happening. Does anyone at AT&T check these updates before throwing them out to the public? So now I have a crappy prepaid phone until my replacement phone arrives midweek. Can't wait to see this one fry once I update it too.
Just be cautious and make sure you back up you contacts and stuff to the cloud in case you run into my situation.
- 01-19-2014, 10:05 PM #2'From one thing, you learn a thousand things.' - From the Earth Book in the Book of Five Rings
'Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today.' - James Dean
Current Devices: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
Community Guidelines: Here
And also: Here
- 01-21-2014, 04:49 PM #3
- 01-22-2014, 10:22 PM #4
- 01-25-2014, 01:59 AM #5
- 01-27-2014, 06:02 AM #6
- 01-29-2014, 02:52 PM #7
- 02-24-2014, 11:43 PM #8
- 02-26-2014, 10:10 PM #9
- 03-03-2014, 05:29 PM #10
- 03-07-2014, 10:17 AM #11
- 1 Posts
Re: Don't update to 4.3
I have the same wifi problem. Is there a way to fix it? I hate this update, absolutely hate it! It also messed with my keyboard in that it made texting a little harder and it took away some of the symbols. So is there a fix to the wifi issue and the keyboard?
- By Justin Stone in forum Moto GReplies: 12Last Post: 01-21-2014, 08:32 PM
- By Photon4glover in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 01-19-2014, 09:45 PM
- By gargavf in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 1Last Post: 01-19-2014, 09:33 PM
- By zhang82 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 01-19-2014, 09:32 PM
- By jbeachy in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-19-2014, 08:38 PM