At&t Visual Voicemail not available :(

Nextnexus

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, I was so happy today to finally have my near "nexus experience" Google Edition.

I am very sad to see that I will not be able to have Visual Voicemail with this phone. At&t says that visual voicemail only works on their branded devices and my device is "Flagged" as a non-ATT device.

Any thoughts? Any workarounds? :-\

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Google Voice?

This, you will have to set up google voice. This is the same as a nexus device. Download the google voiceapp and login into gmail on your computer and go to the more dropdown and click even more at the bottom. Go to google voice and follow the steps. Aside from iphone visual voicemail, google voice is the best IMO and can even translate voicemails into text

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Find the apk and it will work. You need to sideload it. I had it on my Nexus 4 and it worked fine. Search Nexus 4 forum.

I have the apk somewhere. I will load it later today when I get home if you need it.

Posted via Android Central App

ledfrog

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
This is crappy news (for some users) if it's true! However, what AT&T said doesn't really fit with reality considering that I used visual voicemail with my nexus well before I switched over to Google Voice! It doesn't matter to me since after switching to Google Voice some time ago, I would never switch back to any carrier voicemail services.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
To all who want ATT visual VM, you need to have it provisioned on your account which is free for a LTE account. I had it on my Nexus 4 and it worked just fine. Here is a screen shot of my Nexus 4 with the icon.

It is perfect for a simple Visual voice mail. Google voice is too involved and complex for what I wanted. I just wanted a simple way to see my voicemails and listen to them in any order etc. These threads always turn into a google voice thread but some people like to keep it simple.

Here is a link where you can get it. Let me know if it works for you.

[APK] AT&T Visual Voicemail (works with 4.2.x) - xda-developers

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-28-23-03-55.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-28-23-03-55.png
    757.9 KB · Views: 23

mjolsen74

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
at&t visual voicemail DOES work on the GPE edition of the s4.

Ensure you are NOT connected to a wifi when setting up and it will connect and download.. I kept getting the check network/APN settings.. but I read somewhere that it doesn't work when connected to WIFI.. Sure enough, I turned it off and it immediately configured and downloaded VMs.

Very strange but it is working great now ( as long as I am not on wifi :)

Mike

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
All I did was download the att visual voice mail app from the Play Store and it works.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress