GS4 GE Does not support Bluetooth data tethering?

ChadTheDJ

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I just got the S4 in the mail (the google play edition) and noticed something odd when trying to pair this with Glass. My Glass device kept giving me errors stating no network connectivity even though the phone is reporting the Glass device connected. I checked the status of Glass and it stated "Tethered, no data" under the bluetooth options. On the GS4 GE, I went to the Settings > Tethering & portable hotspot to find the Bluetooth Tethering options completely missing on this phone. Does the Samsung Galaxy S4 GE support bluetooth tethering or is my phone defective? Called Glass support and Google device support and got mixed answers. So confused right now as the GS4 GE stated it supported it.

Laen

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Google's online docs say it supports it, but it's not listed as an option in the Tethering screen.

I hope you'll report here if you find a solution.

Laen

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
It looks like there's going to be a 4.3 maintenance release soon with reestablishes Bluetooth tethering for S4 GE.

Our Glass will be of limited usefulness until then. :/

ChadTheDJ

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I found that information as well but some websites are reporting that a fake (again not confirmed as this hasn't been announced yet via google). Glass support did state that you can turn on wifi tethering in the meantime, but unsure the damage it will due to the battery on a per day use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89