1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hoping I didn't just kill my GS4

Alright, so I dropped my phone. Not the first time it's been dropped. The device restarts easily enough. I've turned it off and back on again multiple times. This last time I turned the volume all the way up (by mistake, was trying to do a soft reset using Volume Up + Power + Home buttons). I restarted the phone again and could hear all the usual start-up noises. When it finished i pushed the power button hoping it would light up but it didn't. I slide my finger over the screen and I could hear it unlock. I've been able to do that repeatedly (use the power button to power off the display, press it again to turn it back on, then swipe to unlock) but no luck with a picture.

I've been looking at youtube videos to see if I could do the replacement myself and there are plenty of flex ribbons connecting to the motherboard. Could one of those be the culprit? Am I wasting my time, should I just bite the bullet and buy a replacement lcd and digitizer? No accidental coverage on this thing, so if it's shot I'm downgrading back to an HTC Fuze A $200 repair isn't exactly in the budget this month. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading

Default Re: Hoping I didn't just kill my GS4

Could be a simple loose ribbon. All the cables are accessible behind the back panel. Just check those.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I took off the back panel and I only see two sets of gold contacts near the flash/camera and sim card. Do I need to remove the screws and remove those two peices (small one at the bottom and the main peice) to get to the ribbons ?

Quote Originally Posted by newuserSonek View Post
    I took off the back panel and I only see two sets of gold contacts near the flash/camera and sim card. Do I need to remove the screws and remove those two peices (small one at the bottom and the main peice) to get to the ribbons ?
    Yes

Posted via Android Central App