Message not sent: SMS not getting sent

amitshahc

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I got my new Samsung S4 mini dual sim cell phone. few days before i tried to send sms which was failing, then i restarted the phone and it started working. now again today i found the sms is not getting send to new number which is not in contact, i tried to sent to some other within my contact list, that works perfect. I tried to restart the phone, clear cache/enable/disable/force stop of Messaging service. but still don't works. I am using basic SMS applicatoin, no verizon/go sms pro.

Shelter7

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
When you tried sending those messages were you in an area with full signal? Maybe you are moving and your S4 Mini lost trace of signal

amitshahc

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Sir, i tried it continuous for one hour, in between i sent sms to my wife which successfully delivered & instantly, signals were full. i was on my office desk, i generally do talk on phone and sms from there only, no issue of the signal even for 1% for sure.

amitshahc

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Okey now, i studied it more..

• They guy whom i tried to send sms was having htc handset, and carrier was M1/Starhub (singapore) companies subcription. mine one is Singtel.
  • I tried to send sms to another singtel guy who was not in my contact list. this goes perfect, no issue..

wondering now, may be the reason is across carriers :-\?

Shelter7

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Okey now, i studied it more..

• They guy whom i tried to send sms was having htc handset, and carrier was M1/Starhub (singapore) companies subcription. mine one is Singtel.
  • I tried to send sms to another singtel guy who was not in my contact list. this goes perfect, no issue..

wondering now, may be the reason is across carriers :-\?

Definitely yes, the issue in between carriers. It happens the same to me in UK, I tried to send a sms from my contract signed in Romania, but no trace of it. When I used the prepaid O2 Sim, it worked

amitshahc

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Disaster again,

This time i tried to reply sms to some stranger who msg me, 'Who you?' not being sent..
to verify my device is working. i tried to SMS my wife and another friend in my contact list... both not sent. now what can be wrong? it is certainly some OS issue. please guide..

Shelter7

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
A very weird S4 mini you got, I don`t know what to say. If you try to send an email, is it received?
I was thinking of Hangouts too, in my country I can send sms through the app, maybe it would work for you

amitshahc

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I tried with Go sms pro and Hangout, but result same, it keeps showing the ... (Sending) message but message never sent.
but after that i switched off my mobile, and reset my sim card and switched it on again. all the pending messages sent successfully after restarting it. so i have doubt about some process is hanging somewhere.

now let me clear the scenario which may affect, i have installed battery doctor and clean master apps in my android. but my android is not rooted. do you have some idea if any process may affect messaging service? or do you have some app by which i can monitor/log whats happening behind the process? i really want to know the root cause, why only my mobile have this issue. this can be critical sometime when it really needed.

Shelter7

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I tried with Go sms pro and Hangout, but result same, it keeps showing the ... (Sending) message but message never sent.
but after that i switched off my mobile, and reset my sim card and switched it on again. all the pending messages sent successfully after restarting it. so i have doubt about some process is hanging somewhere.

now let me clear the scenario which may affect, i have installed battery doctor and clean master apps in my android. but my android is not rooted. do you have some idea if any process may affect messaging service? or do you have some app by which i can monitor/log whats happening behind the process? i really want to know the root cause, why only my mobile have this issue. this can be critical sometime when it really needed.

If your gadget isn`t rooted, I don`t possibly see how those apps can turn it upside down. What if give up to those apps? Maybe you won`t come across those sending issues

amitshahc

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes, i already did that, uninstalled both the application, and keep checking the sms service by sending others without any reason.. all are going fine. lets wait for few days if this issue comes again, then it was not those applications.

i will report the result after testing for few days. Thanks.

Shelter7

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Yes, i already did that, uninstalled both the application, and keep checking the sms service by sending others without any reason.. all are going fine. lets wait for few days if this issue comes again, then it was not those applications.

i will report the result after testing for few days. Thanks.

Thank you for letting us know. It`s a very serious issue, let`s hope the attempts made by you, would help other users in trouble

amitshahc

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Now i think, it's already more than a week for under an observation, guess what? not even a single SMS failed. all sent instantly. so it must be final that the reason must be between Battery doctor/Clean master. but i can't say which one of them is exactly to be accused. i am sure i am not going to re-install them in future.

but i really needed a battery saving application, because it is draining faster than before, when there was Battery doctor. it is certainly useful but faulty also. so can you please recommend the alternative app to save battery and clean cache/junk files. for junk files i found Android Assistant.