How to restore contacts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I found this thread discussing the topic: [Q] Converting SPB to vcf files / Importing SPB without Kies - xda-developers

From that thread, the best option is probably to open the SBP file using Kies on your computer, select all contacts, then click Save As, and make sure to add ".vcf" to the file name. Then you can import that .vcf file either directly on your phone into your People app, or you can import it on the Google Contacts website.

faisalmanzoor

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: How to restore contacts? import contacts from spb file to your android

i waisted some 4 to 5 hours searching for a solution, and finally discovered one.
I was backing up my s4 data on kies , and then firm upgraded, once firm upgraded kies doesnt work and only sidesync work. What a piece of crap this sidesync is , it has no option for contacts management.
now I have a stupid spb file which doesnt work with samsung phone contacts tools.
After trying various methods, the one that actually worked goes as follows
open the kies **** program again , (close side sync first off course)
open the stupid spb file in kies program and then save the file using 'save as' and select vcf in file format . now kies should make seperate vcf files in the folder you specify
now go to cmd , locate the folder where all of your vcf files (created by kies) are saved and use the command "copy[space]*.vcf[space]all.vcf" . This will make a single file with name all.vcf
now download this single all.vcf to your phone and use the import contact function and import only this all.vcf file.
That should work.
Now burn the bull**** kies program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38