internal memory full issues.

Heather Cuniff

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I have a unlocked gsm s4 mini knockoff (i think) it keeps displaying memory full. I dont have anything downloaded an i also have a new 2 gb sd card in it. It will not let me update/download / it exits anything i try majority of time saying storage full. It also says internal storage full. Help

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Well then the first instance is get a bigger SD card, then move files to cloud (Mega, Dropbox, Box). How large is the inbuilt memory?

To be honest- 2GB isn't really anything but a waste of physical space. Try nothing short of 8GB and you're good to go. If you can (not sure with your phone) try disabling apps and deleting residual files- clean master does a good job. If you can then install an app, get a memory map application so you can visually see where all your memory is assigned to.

ykariv

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue. It was because dropbox sync (video and pic)
Go to setting account cloud and disable pictures and videos sync

Sent from my GT-N8010 using AC Forums mobile app

Adrian Kistasamy

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi All, I need some assistance please. On Samsung S4 mini, when I check total memory via settings>more> memory it shows 31GB free but when I select My Files from the apps it shows "Phone" 3mb of 12mb free. The reason I ask is that when I take a photo now it says memory full. I do not have an external SD card on the phone. How do I get the phone to use the 31GB free internal memory. Thanks

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi All, I need some assistance please. On Samsung S4 mini, when I check total memory via settings>more> memory it shows 31GB free but when I select My Files from the apps it shows "Phone" 3mb of 12mb free. The reason I ask is that when I take a photo now it says memory full. I do not have an external SD card on the phone. How do I get the phone to use the 31GB free internal memory. Thanks

Adrian, what version of Android are you running, and could you provide screenshots? While you're at it, just verify your space with this app. I gather this is all in-built memory, no SD card?

As with almost every 'answer' in the forums, backup and Factory Reset is a good a place to start as any.