Airview, airgesture and others features with custom rom?

benbar21

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
Wondering here what happens to features such as airview, air gesture, and the likes once you install a custom rom?
Will developers figure out ways to access them from stock android? And would developers enable them in other apps, as I assume that the main reason that other apps do not yet have airview/play support would be due to samsung not releasing an API.
Sorry if this is a bad question, but just wanted to double check that I'd still be able to use these features(at least at some point). While they could (easily) be considered gimmicks, I find a few of them useful(checking the time by waving your hand over the screen, or moving apps between home screens, are both pretty intuitive).
Thanks!

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It depends.... if it's a custom ROM with touchwiz launcher then you shouldn't lose anything. But if it's not and AOSP, AOKP or any ROM based on vanilla Android then touchwiz features will most likely be lost. So when you're looking at a custom ROM look for whether it's based on stock touchwiz on not. The developer will definitely state this and this is their assumption that users know what will be different in the ROM.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Pesonally I chose to get the S4 in part for some of the extras that Samsung put into it, otherwise I could have just purchased and S4, put CM10.1 on it and called it a day. That said I am looking forward to some cleaned up and enhanced stock ROM work, perhaps Scotts ROM's will get involved and maybe even Omega ROM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member