help with TWRP

homeboy#IM

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Is twrp 2.6.0.0 working on mf3 firmware. Reason im asking is did root and try to open twrp and im stuck on downloading mode.

Posted via Android Central App

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
mf3? If it's the newest updated firmware, there are no exploits for the bootloader yet, so no custom roms or recoveries. You can root, just not flash anything yet.

And if you are able to install a recovery, if using twrp, only use 2.5.0.2 --- This is what I use and it works with no issues what so ever, 2.6 has bugs with wiping and what not.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Is twrp 2.6.0.0 working on mf3 firmware. Reason im asking is did root and try to open twrp and im stuck on downloading mode.

Yet another person who rushed to root their phone without reading about what they were doing...and now you are stuck. I hope you learn your lesson before you learn how to fix you phone. There are only a few situations where you can actually fix a bricked S4 on MF3 firmware and you got lucky to have put yourself in one of them

As Bizzle said, there is no custom recovery possible on MF3 yet. Also you may not realize that you cannot unroot your phone either, so if you need to do so, you are currently out of luck. There is no immediate prospect for a new exploit on the horizon either.

So anyways, you rooted your MF3 phone and then tried to install a custom recovery, and now you are stuck in downloading mode. You cannot boot up your phone, correct? If that's exactly where you are, you can try these two things...but you probably will not be able to get even stock recovery for the time being, as you have essentially destroyed it. If you can actually boot your phone, do not try these methods as they won't help you. This is only if you are totally stuck in download mode and can't get your phone to boot up.

Try 1st:
When you boot and it fails, then goes to download mode...instead of letting it fail, turn the phone on and MANUALLY enter download mode yourself, as if you meant to get there in the first place. Once you get to the warning screen, just hit volume down and hopefully your phone will boot properly. Make sure you reach that warning screen to instructs you to hit volume down to cancel entering download mode. If you don't get to that point and verify that this method doesn't work, do not proceed to the next method. Here's a video of how to get into download mode:
Howto Put Samsung Galaxy S4 (SIV) to Download Mode - YouTube

Try 2nd (and only if you have successfully tried method 1 and it didn't work!):
[GUIDE] How to Unbrick your AT&T S4 I337 OTA UCUAMF3 - xda-developers

homeboy#IM

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yet another person who rushed to root their phone without reading about what they were doing...and now you are stuck. I hope you learn your lesson before you learn how to fix you phone. There are only a few situations where you can actually fix a bricked S4 on MF3 firmware and you got lucky to have put yourself in one of them

As Bizzle said, there is no custom recovery possible on MF3 yet. Also you may not realize that you cannot unroot your phone either, so if you need to do so, you are currently out of luck. There is no immediate prospect for a new exploit on the horizon either.

So anyways, you rooted your MF3 phone and then tried to install a custom recovery, and now you are stuck in downloading mode. You cannot boot up your phone, correct? If that's exactly where you are, you can try these two things...but you probably will not be able to get even stock recovery for the time being, as you have essentially destroyed it. If you can actually boot your phone, do not try these methods as they won't help you. This is only if you are totally stuck in download mode and can't get your phone to boot up.

Try 1st:
When you boot and it fails, then goes to download mode...instead of letting it fail, turn the phone on and MANUALLY enter download mode yourself, as if you meant to get there in the first place. Once you get to the warning screen, just hit volume down and hopefully your phone will boot properly. Make sure you reach that warning screen to instructs you to hit volume down to cancel entering download mode. If you don't get to that point and verify that this method doesn't work, do not proceed to the next method. Here's a video of how to get into download mode:

Thanks for the help. I try the 1st one and it did work. By the way im new to this root stuff.

homeboy#IM

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
mf3? If it's the newest updated firmware, there are no exploits for the bootloader yet, so no custom roms or recoveries. You can root, just not flash anything yet.

And if you are able to install a recovery, if using twrp, only use 2.5.0.2 --- This is what I use and it works with no issues what so ever, 2.6 has bugs with wiping and what not.

Where can i download 2.5.0.2 and how can i remove 2.6.0.0 if is posible. Thanks

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Where can i download 2.5.0.2 and how can i remove 2.6.0.0 if is posible. Thanks

Are you really asking that question??? I understand you're "new to this root stuff" but your problem is not lack of knowledge (well, not your immediate problem, at least)...your problem is that you're not reading and understanding what you're being told! Read the posts above again and you will see this message clearly: you cannot install a custom recovery to MF3 firmware. You tried to do it and that's the reason you were stuck in a boot loop. Like I said, it's also the reason you now have no recovery.

Again, you do not have a custom recovery right now. You do not have ANY recovery right now (not even stock recovery) because you messed it up. There is currently no possible way to install ANY custom recovery to your phone right now.

Now, you say you're new to all of this...so take some time and read, research, learn and understand how this all works. You can find a LOT of information in the link in my signature. That's general Android knowledge that will help you a lot going forward. Unfortunately you cannot currently do most of that stuff because your phone is on firmware MF3 which locked everything down...but that doesn't mean you can't learn about it. Hopefully the awesome devs will figure something out and get a new exploit going that enables all of that for you...but for now, the only thing you can do is have root.

concepttheman

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i have mf3 with twrp recovery can this help someone if i do a dump?

Try 1st:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana