Where do photos from DCIM/Camera get placed/are stored when they get deleted?

Danny Cruzeira

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

My problem is the following: I have accidentely deleted all photos from the folder DCIM/Camera (a.ka. the default folder for storing photos taken with phone camera). I have followed the guide on page 1 in this site: [GUIDE] Internal Memory Data Recovery - Yes We | Galaxy Nexus > XDA to the letter, but when I finally tried various software such as Asoftech Data Recovery, iCare Android Data Recovery, Recuva etc etc, all I found when scanning the internal memory were thumbnails and other images (cached images from my web surfing).

I have read that the folder containing userdata is mmcblk0p29 on Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505). Is that correct, or have I searched through the wrong folder?

Thanks in advance! :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The default directory is /storage/sdcard0/DCIM/camera. On some systems, it may be /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/camera.

Danny Cruzeira

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The default directory is /storage/sdcard0/DCIM/camera. On some systems, it may be /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/camera.

Thanks, mate. However, I think you missunderstood what I asked after. I asked if I mounted the correct folder or what you call it (I mounted mmcblk0p29 to a .vhd file and searched through it with some softwares after deleted photos from /DCIM/Camera). Is mmcblk0p29 the right folder to mount?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I'm sorry. I'm afraid I can't help you with that. Good luck!

Posted via Android Central App