Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default sw rev check fail

    Hi all,

    Im new to flashing android phones, so please forgive my ignorance. I have a gt-i9505 which was running uk vodafone 4.4.2. Im trying to reproduce a crash in the game Im working on occurring on 4.2.2. I got Odin and I9505XXUDMH6_I9505OPTDMH6_I9505XXUDMH6_HOME. Note that this is not a vodafone rom. I tried flashing the phone but it failed. Then I tried rooting the phone, and Im pretty sure I was successful doing so. I tried to flash the rom again, but it still failed. Can anyone shed some light on what I have to do to flash the rom I need?

    This is shown on the device:

    ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9505
    CURRENT BINARY: Custom
    SYSTEM STATUS: Official
    KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
    KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x1
    CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
    WRITE PROTECTION: Enable
    eMMC BURST MODE: enabled
    START [224, 1440]
    SW REV. CHECK FAIL : fused : 4, Binary : 2

    This is the ODIN output:

    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> I9505XXUDMH6_I9505OPTDMH6_I9505XXUDMH6_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
    <ID:0/003> File analysis..
    <ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/003> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/003> sbl2.mbn
    <ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/003> sbl3.mbn
    <ID:0/003> rpm.mbn
    <ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
    <ID:0/003>
    <ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <ID:0/003> Added!!
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)


    Thanks!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: sw rev check fail

    Quote Originally Posted by bassmit View Post
    Hi all,

    Im new to flashing android phones, so please forgive my ignorance. I have a gt-i9505 which was running uk vodafone 4.4.2. Im trying to reproduce a crash in the game Im working on occurring on 4.2.2. I got Odin and I9505XXUDMH6_I9505OPTDMH6_I9505XXUDMH6_HOME. Note that this is not a vodafone rom. I tried flashing the phone but it failed. Then I tried rooting the phone, and Im pretty sure I was successful doing so. I tried to flash the rom again, but it still failed. Can anyone shed some light on what I have to do to flash the rom I need?

    This is shown on the device:

    ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9505
    CURRENT BINARY: Custom
    SYSTEM STATUS: Official
    KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
    KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x1
    CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
    WRITE PROTECTION: Enable
    eMMC BURST MODE: enabled
    START [224, 1440]
    SW REV. CHECK FAIL : fused : 4, Binary : 2

    This is the ODIN output:

    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> I9505XXUDMH6_I9505OPTDMH6_I9505XXUDMH6_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
    <ID:0/003> File analysis..
    <ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/003> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/003> sbl2.mbn
    <ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/003> sbl3.mbn
    <ID:0/003> rpm.mbn
    <ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
    <ID:0/003>
    <ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <ID:0/003> Added!!
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)


    Thanks!
    you need to unlock your phone before flashing a open network
    here you flash a non Vodafone rom over branded Vodafone rom.
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: sw rev check fail

    Quote Originally Posted by mobilecrackers View Post
    you need to unlock your phone before flashing a open network
    here you flash a non Vodafone rom over branded Vodafone rom.
    Thanks for the response. I was under the impression that rooting the device would allow me flash arbitrary roms. Can I unlock the device myself or does it require specialised equipment?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: sw rev check fail

    Quote Originally Posted by bassmit View Post
    Thanks for the response. I was under the impression that rooting the device would allow me flash arbitrary roms. Can I unlock the device myself or does it require specialised equipment?
    You can flash original Vodafone firmware with odin or you need to unlock your phone which requires a software.usually paid.

    Press THANK YOU and LIKE button if you gets the answer
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer
    Thanked by:

Similar Threads

  1. E:signature verification failed.......Installation aborted.
    By adriaatic in forum Huawei Ascend P6
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-17-2014, 02:27 AM
  2. Software failed to update
    By Hunter Wilson in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HD
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2014, 12:54 AM
  3. fails to charge to 100% overnight
    By novasquid in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 04:01 PM
  4. sw rev check fail
    By bassmit in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 02:44 PM
  5. Check battery case message
    By Raymond McGrew in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 12:48 PM

Posting Permissions