What are you going to upgrade to the Galaxy S4 from?

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Wow. That's surprising coming from a Note 2. Why the shift to HTC, Sense 5?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Honestly, I cant hold a phone for longer than a few months. I had the OG Evo, One X+ and the sleekness of Sense always intrigued me. The hardware on the other hand was always subpar to Samsung and their phones always stuttered. This seems to not be the case with the One. I love the premium design of the One. Finally an android that has hardware to rival the iPhone ! I love the Note 2, I really do. However, it is still pretty big for daily use.

Some instances like quickly replying to a text with one hand is nearly impossible. Its screen is great for waching youtube and using it for its tablet-esque prowess, but I still prefer a >5 inch screen depending on the hardware. I'm also considering the ZL if it comes to ATT. I like the look of that phone also and the fact that it shares the 5 in. screen of the Z but in a much smaller package is a great look to me. Also I never had a Sony android so I'm kind of intrigued. All I know is that we all have great phones to look forward to in the GS4, One and the Z/ZL variants. Competition is stiff and that means that the consumer truly wins with a lot of different options and flavors.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I cant hold a phone for longer than a few months. I had the OG Evo, One X+ and the sleekness of Sense always intrigued me. The hardware on the other hand was always subpar to Samsung and their phones always stuttered. This seems to not be the case with the One. I love the premium design of the One. Finally an android that has hardware to rival the iPhone ! I love the Note 2, I really do. However, it is still pretty big for daily use.

Some instances like quickly replying to a text with one hand is nearly impossible. Its screen is great for waching youtube and using it for its tablet-esque prowess, but I still prefer a >5 inch screen depending on the hardware. I'm also considering the ZL if it comes to ATT. I like the look of that phone also and the fact that it shares the 5 in. screen of the Z but in a much smaller package is a great look to me. Also I never had a Sony android so I'm kind of intrigued. All I know is that we all have great phones to look forward to in the GS4, One and the Z/ZL variants. Competition is stiff and that means that the consumer truly wins with a lot of different options and flavors.

So I guess that means you will be upgrading from the S4 to the Note 3 ... and then the Note 3 to the S5, etc., etc.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
So I guess that means you will be upgrading from the S4 to the Note 3 ... and then the Note 3 to the S5, etc., etc.

That is a possibility lmfao. Except if the rumors of a 6-6"5 inch screen on a note 3 are true I will definitely pass. Unless of course they somehow manage to squeeze that in a form factor of the same size or less of the Note 2 because thats the biggest I am willing to go for a phone. I dont want to be holding an iPad mini to my head lol.

vakama94

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I'd be upgrading from my S II, although it'll be hard to separate from it because it love it so much.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd be upgrading from my S II, although it'll be hard to separate from it because it love it so much.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

I bet, once you get the S4, you will like it much more than the S2. As for me, if tmobile allows it, I'll be upgrading from the S3.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

camperdown9

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I've just got an S3 (bought on eBay) as its the version that works on 4G here in the UK and its new, only a couple of weeks old. Not likely to upgrade to a S4, at least in the first few weeks. (This is my first android handset since the HTC Magic)

If I can pick one up on eBay in a few months then maybe.

Alex

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'll be upgrading day 1 from a Galaxy S3(I also have a Nexus 4). I have an update on one of my lines, so I will be passing my S3 down to my family and getting this. As a diehard Apple geek, I didn't know where the road would take me with Android. But so far it's been all good!

Last edited:

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll be coming from a Nokia 920 on wp8. But......After the miserable experience of buying before the real people reviews came out, I will be holding off a month or two. Just to make sure I'm not buying another Nokia, I mean lemon.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

wilfreb

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
the only phone that replaced my GS2 was my actual GS3, and the only phone that will replace my GS3 is the GS4, cant wait!!!

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Normally I'm not a latest or greatest type person, it took me 10 months to get the S3, but the S4 seems to be the "ONE". I might get one sometime during the latter part of the summer ........maybe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty