What are you going to upgrade to the Galaxy S4 from?

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anyone with an S3 on a 2 year contract will have any reason to drop contract or use an upgrade for the S4. I think manufacturers understand now, as well as many consumers, that annual phone releases are for those finishing their 2 year contracts opposed to those in the middle of the 2 year contract. This will be a jump for S2 owners, but not S3. Allows for a steady progression and predictable sales & revenue. That said, I'm sure others still will need the latest piece of shiny metal and I say more power to them lol.

You mean shiny plastic right?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I will be upgrading from the North American S3. It is a great phone but as you know we were only given a Dual Core where the rest of the world had the Quad Core. Wanting the Quad.

I hope you realise quad doesn't matter if the software is not optimised for it?, Manufacturers are throwing all this power into a phone when it doesn't even need it! dual-core is enough!

sidekickkdx

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Good advice...the Z10 sounds like a great phone but I'm so tired of waiting around for apps and jumping through hoops sideloading, etc. See you at the s4 shop!

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
After paying $650 full retail for a Verizon S3 and then $699 full retail for a Verizon Note 2 just to try them both out, I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER...Pay for such poor quality plastic again.

Luckily I sold them both in time before their resale value dropped.

Seeing that the S4 is the same design makes it even worse. I wouldn't even consider going to an S4 an upgrade.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
After paying $650 full retail for a Verizon S3 and then $699 full retail for a Verizon Note 2 just to try them both out, I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER...Pay for such poor quality plastic again.

Seeing that the S4 is the same design makes it even worse. I wouldn't even consider going to an S4 an upgrade.
Samsung is good at making phones with cheap plastic

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
SGIII to SGIV.

PROBABLY in June. And I really like that silver colour I've been seeing.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I don't think retail value would drop. Especially on a note 2.
And you're mainly paying for the technology inside, not the backing plate. Just throw a case on it and you'll be fine!
And if it does get scratched up or broken, find a replacement back plate on eBay for 10 bucks. Try doing that if the back of an iphone gets scratched!

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't think retail value would drop. Especially on a note 2.
And you're mainly paying for the technology inside, not the backing plate. Just throw a case on it and you'll be fine!
And if it does get scratched up or broken, find a replacement back plate on eBay for 10 bucks. Try doing that if the back of an iphone gets scratched!

Of course, I spent $699 on a phone and am expected to buy a case or it too. Oh and spend $10 every time the back decides to crack. POOR VALUE.

And the retail value dropped dramatically on the Note 2. Bought for $699 (no tax) and then could only get $580 for it on Swappa 3 weeks later. This was in January.

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Of course, I spent $699 on a phone and am expected to buy a case or it too. Oh and spend $10 every time the back decides to crack. POOR VALUE.

And the retail value dropped dramatically on the Note 2. Bought for $699 (no tax) and then could only get $580 for it on Swappa 3 weeks later. This was in January.

Ok I could see that if you bought it as soon as a new phone comes out. Plus swappa always seems to lowball what they give for phones! I always go to eBay or craigslist.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality38