Samsung Expecting To Launch Galaxy S4 on Seven Carriers in April

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
From their press release:

Samsung Says Galaxy S4 Will Be Available Through Seven Carriers At Launch | TechnoBuffalo
Samsung Galaxy S? 4 redefines the smartphone AGAIN

with MORE leading-edge innovationS AND government-grade security*

The next generation of the world?s best-selling smartphone widely available

at seven U.S. carriers and seven retailers beginning in April

The Galaxy S 4 is optimized for powerful performance on the nation?s fastest networks and will be available on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless as well as U.S. Cellular, Cricket and C Spire starting during April. Additionally, consumers can find the Galaxy S 4 at Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile, Costco, Radio Shack, Sam?s Club, Staples, Target and Wal-Mart. Exact pricing and retail availability will be announced by each of the carriers and retailers in the coming weeks.

Looks like Verizon will be on time after all.

hvalergir

May 3, 2011
Visit site
"starting in April" means the first will be then. Its like "used cars from $999" doesn't mean they will all be that price, just the cheapest ones

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I didn't read it like that.

The next generation of the world?s best-selling smartphone widely available

at seven U.S. carriers and seven retailers beginning in April

Seems to imply that it'll be available at the seven retailers listed beginning in April, and other smaller retailers sometime after. The author who wrote that headline took from it the same as I did, maybe we're both wrong though. We'll see. But the way it's worded looks like it'll be on seven carriers starting in April.

jredecop82

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I didn't read it like that.

Seems to imply that it'll be available at the seven retailers listed beginning in April, and other smaller retailers sometime after. The author who wrote that headline took from it the same as I did, maybe we're both wrong though. We'll see. But the way it's worded looks like it'll be on seven carriers starting in April.

This is the way I understood it as well. Reading a thread here yesterday someone had a Samsung rep in there store and he said they seem to be pushing up Verizon's date. Look at sprint! Getting released the same time. Crazy.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I would say just to much wishful thinking and not enough considering past history of VZW maybe?

Well, I'm not a Verizon customer so, no. But, the word is that Samsung is trying to launch the phone globally around the same time so this really isn't all that hard to believe true.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I honestly would not be surprised if Verizon announces a pre-order this week or the next. The Staples May 30th date is a little troublesome but who knows if that is set in stone.

If memory serves, I remember most of the carriers announced pre-orders for the GS3 within the span of a week. Verizon was the last to ship and release theirs but by only a week or so. Of course that one instance is hardly a trend.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Too many GS3's left to sell through at $99 so I wouldn't expect pre-orders on Verizon for another month.

So how many S3's are there left to sell through? I doubt this has anything to do with the official announcement.

It's not like they are going to stop selling the S3 once the S4 drops.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, we will pay top dollar for the best phone on release date. The bargain hunters don't go home when the next great phone comes out. If on a budget a two hundred dollar price difference will move some to the S3. This isn't the carriers first rodeo.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Not sure, but you know Verizon, they like to drag their feet on everything, announcements, launches, software updates. I have been on their network for 15 years but its finally come to the point I can no longer wait for them to deliver.

I am sure they will continue to sell the GS3 at $99 or even free with activation once the GS4 rolls out but they do want to unload inventory, just not sure how much longer they can afford to delay. I bet they announce it on 4/30 with pre-orders starting 2 weeks after that and a release 2 weeks after that. The 30th is a Tuesday so that works, and I suspect the launch on the 30th which is a Thursday.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer