Anyone get a hold of s4 in Canada yet?

benbar21

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
Just wondering if anyone has a S4 yet who lives in Canada.
I have one preordered at Futureshop, and am pretty sure that I'm the first in line there(as a manager bypassed their system and let me preorder it on the 25th).
I'm also in line with the rogers reservation system.
But Futureshop's launch just got delayed until the 3rd as well, as did Rogers' ,so I'm wondering if anyone has a S4 yet in Canada?
Pretty excited for it.

tarball

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I plan to get it in Telus Store next Friday. I hope they will have the black device... however on their website black ones seems Back Order for 3 weeks...

etceteraism

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Apparently some Bell customers have gotten ship notices.

Where did you hear about that delay from Rogers? A couple of people on the Rogers forum called in and were told their phones should be in beginning of the week.

I'm with Fido and my order is in progress now. Hoping for it to change to shipped on Monday.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I follow Samsung Canada on facebook. Yesterday or the day before they posted something about pre-orders being delayed due to global demand exceeding their expectations. Nothing carrier specific but it sounded like across the board, all carriers, brick-and-mortar stores, etc would be affected.

I'll see if I can find a link or something if anyone wants.

Sent from my Nexus 7

etceteraism

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Been following the Rogers forum and not 1 person has said they received theirs. Also Rogers is making clients who reserved their phones wait 21 days from Release before giving them a $50 credit while Fido and Bell I believe are giving those who pre-ordered a $50 credit right off the bat due to the delays.

It's Bell and Virgin giving away the credits. I'm with Fido and they still technically haven't announced a release date or price yet :'( The only reason we found out the phones were coming was because a couple of people of the Fido forum (myself included) posted that their preorder status had changed to "In Progress".

The Rogers/Fido online system is down now. Someone on the Rogers forum said his device had changed to "shipped", but when he went to check again to make sure it was a glitch the system was down for maintenance. So we'll just have to wait and see when it comes back up again if anything has gone out.

etceteraism

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: Phones are starting to ship out. I'm with Fido and just got an email with a UPS tracking number. People over on the Rogers forum are starting to get ship notices too.

Mine is getting shipped to an official Fido store-will let everyone know when I get the call.

vatic

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered from Future Shop on the day pre-orders opened. Was to be in on the 27 now it's wait and see. I pre-ordered a bell device. The Bell stores had them on the 27th for those that pre-ordered and are now waiting to get the regular shipment for sale on May 3. I will never pre-order anything from Future Shop again.

benbar21

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered from Future Shop on the day pre-orders opened. Was to be in on the 27 now it's wait and see. I pre-ordered a bell device. The Bell stores had them on the 27th for those that pre-ordered and are now waiting to get the regular shipment for sale on May 3. I will never pre-order anything from Future Shop again.

I don't know if it's Neccesarily futureshop's fault. Rogers' phones didn't get delivered until today, and very few bells phones got delivered Saturday. It seems to be a combination of lack of availability + communication.
Futureshop has now guaranteed to me that I will get mine Friday.

leanneleg

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I preordered on Saturday from Telus. I was told today that any white phones ordered before Sunday afternoon will be probably be delivered tomorrow, or at the latest on Friday and that black ones were delayed.

rootyourphones

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I preordered on Saturday from Telus. I was told today that any white phones ordered before Sunday afternoon will be probably be delivered tomorrow, or at the latest on Friday and that black ones were delayed.

I ordered on sunday here in the us and I get mine Tommorrow also mine is white too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I got an e-mail & a call telling me that it's been delayed. Bell will credit my account $50. :)

I got my S4 on Monday. I was working over the weekend anyway and loving my hTc One so it wasn't so bad.

jensigner

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Interesting about the demand ... I asked at a Futureshop and BestBuy yesterday about pre-order volumes ... only 5 at Futureshop and similar low numbers at BestBuy (and none at one The Source location). So i'll bet that the supply shortage won't last too long.

kingb71

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I tried to pre order one at Best Buy last weekend, but as they had that day (the 27th) in their system as the release date, the pre order did not go through, and they wouldn't let me reserve one in store either, as their system showed no stock.

leanneleg

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Just checked with Telus and mine was shipped out this morning... I will either have it this afternoon or tomorrow depending on what warehouse it is coming from.