samsung galaxy s4 sync on mac

becca255

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I an trying to put all my music onto my s4 as when I try to do it with kies it says that my phone doesn't have enough memory even though it has 9gb left and I am only transferring 1gb. I understand that I need to download android file transfer and have changed my phone to camera mode when I connect it. But the android file transfer says that I need to connect the device using a USB. Why wont it recognise my device?

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi

If it's the same as the s3, which I strongly suspect it may be, the way you want to connect is like this:

Uninstall Kies. It's rubbish and while it is installed android file transfer will not work. Note you cannot just delete it, use the uninstall icon that came with the install.

Install android file transfer

Now you can put the phone in camera mode and connect it via USB in the settings

Android file transfer will automatically pop up when you connect.

Good luck! I nearly lost my mind trying to connect my s3 to my Mac.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

drdmwolf

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem and have downloaded Easy Phone Sync and it seems to be working well. Kies did not work with contacts etc only with photos.
give it a go

Susan Milligan Wise

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! I searched the Internet high and low, and uninstalling Kies using the uninstall app is what worked.
Hi

If it's the same as the s3, which I strongly suspect it may be, the way you want to connect is like this:

Uninstall Kies. It's rubbish and while it is installed android file transfer will not work. Note you cannot just delete it, use the uninstall icon that came with the install.

Install android file transfer

Now you can put the phone in camera mode and connect it via USB in the settings

Android file transfer will automatically pop up when you connect.

Good luck! I nearly lost my mind trying to connect my s3 to my Mac.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Boosavian

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey man, I have the Galaxy s4 and a mac, which is causing me some difficulties (even after your method). I was using Samsung Kies at one point, and had one successful sync of all my music and I was like "WOO! This is a good program," (because I used Double Twist before that which didn't work at all). However, now my galaxy doesn't seem to show the "USB Connected: Enable File Share" icon that Android phones typically show when connected to a computer.

I followed your instructions, uninstalled Kies and then installed android file share, but my Galaxy still won't give any signs of connection to my mac. I have checked through every setting on my phone like 10 times just to make sure I didn't have like file sharing disabled or something, but I couldn't find anything. I really hope you understand my problem and please try to respond to this with whatever help/advice you may have. Thanks.

kenneth statom

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Just ditched my iPhone for the Galaxy S4. I'm having zero success getting the mac to recognize my unit. I've tried Kies and Double twist. When i connect with a USB the Verizon Disc icon appears on my desktop screen for about a minute before it disappears. Any ideas