How is the Performance of Radios/Antennae of the S4 in Weaker 4G LTE Areas?

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a GNex and the performance of the radios/antenna in weaker 4G LTE areas is abysmal. Samsung is known for having crappy radios/antennas.

Anyone switch from a GNex to the S4 to compare? Is the S4 much better than the GNex in weaker 4G LTE areas?

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering the same thing. Have a Gnex to and the radios are so pathetic. This is why I'm torn between the S4 or The One. HTC has its issues but the radios are not one of them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering the same thing. Have a Gnex to and the radios are so pathetic. This is why I'm torn between the S4 or The One. HTC has its issues but the radios are not one of them.
The GNex would have been da bomb if it weren't for the inability to hold a 4G LTE signal in weaker signal areas. I never want to buy a phone with that problem again! The external speaker sucked, too, but that I can live with because I use my bluetooth, not my external speaker.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Sprint, so I can definitely attest to how this phone performs in poor networks. :)

My previous phone was the EVO 4G LTE. 3G/EVDO signal seems to be about equal or even just a little bit better than my EVO. In poor signal areas, the S4 seems to hang on just a little bit more before roaming than my EVO.

LTE seems to be much better than my EVO. I can pretty much acquire an LTE signal anywhere Sensorly maps reported there to be LTE coverage. I now have LTE in the parking lot at my job, when my EVO wasn't able to pick it up.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana