How to claim 50GB dropbox for S4

Ashwani_M

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I've just purchased my S4 and was curious about how to claim my 50gb dropbox space. I've registered myself on dropbox.com but it gavve me only 2gb. What now..???:-X

usccworker

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I've just purchased my S4 and was curious about how to claim my 50gb dropbox space. I've registered myself on dropbox.com but it gavve me only 2gb. What now..???:-X

All you should have to do is add that same dropbox account to your GS4 now. This is how it worked with the S3 and HTC's which offered free dropbox.

MseuniceT83

May 29, 2013
Visit site
This is from the Dropbox website. Which sucks. I have verizon and dropbox did NOT come preinstalled in my s4. So I don't qualify.:'(

Hope this helps

Is my Samsung phone or tablet eligible for the free space promotion?

? Back to Help Center

If you have a brand new Samsung phone or tablet with Dropbox already installed, you may be eligible to earn 48 GB of free space for up to two years. To qualify:

The Dropbox app must be pre-loaded on your device.
You need to complete at least five steps from our Get Started guide.
Your carrier must be participating in the promotion.

Make sure Dropbox is pre-loaded

Dropbox must be "pre-loaded" on your brand new phone or tablet, which means that the Dropbox app already came installed without the need to download it from the Google Play store.

If the Dropbox app is pre-loaded on your device, you may qualify for 48 GB of bonus space for up to one year.

Additionally, some devices that have the Dropbox app pre-loaded may also have the Dropbox "out-of-box experience," which means that the first time you turn on the device, you'll be asked to sign in to Dropbox or create a new account. If your device has the out-of-box experience, you may qualify for 48 GB of bonus space for up to two years.

The first Dropbox account that signs in to the app on the device will get 48 GB of free space (assuming the other conditions are met). Each account is only able to claim this promotion once.
Complete the Get Started guide

To claim your extra space, you need to complete at least five steps from our Get Started guide. Please note that some steps require your desktop computer.
Make sure your carrier is participating

Some carriers have opted out of the promotion on phones otherwise eligible. Among those not currently participating are the following carriers:

United States: AT&T
Japan: NTT DoCoMo

Verizon customers: Some Samsung devices on Verizon may be eligible for 48 GB of bonus space for one or two years. As described above, your device needs to be pre-loaded with the Dropbox app, or pre-loaded with the Dropbox out-of-box experience, to receive the applicable promotion. If your device does not have the Dropbox app pre-loaded, then it is not eligible.

Andrzej_K

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Just passed 5 steps required - confirmed that I've got additional 48Gigs of space on existing 2-gigs account. It can be seen from the SGS device, PC and iPad.

Bests
AKC

Pratyusha Varanasi

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
hi all,
i have another doubt. if i unlink my account to dropbox on my s4 or factory reset it and then login by another account will i get 50 gb in that account as well?
please reply asap!
thanks in advance

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
hi all,
i have another doubt. if i unlink my account to dropbox on my s4 or factory reset it and then login by another account will i get 50 gb in that account as well?
please reply asap!
thanks in advance

Yes you should as long as you factory reset, and Drop Box was pre installed.

hily1

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Ive already done the dropbox 5 steps on my desktop and got 250MB added. Have since heard about the 48GB! Will I qualify for the 48GB if I sign in on my mobile using this account? Could really do with the storage... Thanks

Last edited:

Sid Hall

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I have tried to download the Dropbox 48GB free that came with my new Samsung Galaxy Tab2 through T-Mobile, but already have 25GB in my Dropbox account from a previous promo from T-Mobile that I got with my Android HTC phone two years ago. The 25GB promo is about ready to expire but Dropbox seems to not recognize the new promo with my old account still active. For instance, it shows that I have already answered 6 out of the 7 questions in Dropbox. I have for the previous promo two years ago, but not for the new one. How do I add the 48GB before my 25GB expires. Thank you.