New to Android OS

koalamama

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm coming from an iPhone 4S so I'm unfamiliar with the setup of android OS but I'm picking it up as I go. Regarding Notifications, does this incorporate text messages, device messages, emails, etc.? Also, for some reason none of my texts (or other Notifications) seems to be making any noise when they should be. I have the ringer on and a notification sound selected (as well as having the volume for notifications at max) but it only vibrates. The phone isn't in silent mode because other things will make noise like receiving calls or touch tones, I'm a little confused as to why my texts aren't making noise.

luketub

May 1, 2013
Visit site
bump i have same problem and my push notifications are not going through at all even to my notifications page that comes from the top.

afgzee

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
im new to Android also, just for 3 days so bear with me, but go into sounds and select volumes, are they all full?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and is power saver mode on, that could be causing it?

koalamama

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Is sound mode set to normal?

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Not quite sure what you mean. When I go to sound settings my volume is max, my ringtone is set, notification noise is set and i have general sound options "on" (as opposed to vibrate and mute).

texasotts

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Go into your actual apps. Each app has an option for notifications within the apps settings Just because your volume is up doesn't mean you automatically get notifications. You need to set them up and select the sound you want for your apps. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress