Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 80
Like Tree61Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    bigrey81's Avatar

    Posts
    187 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 and 4.2 stock

    Default Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Just want your thoughts on apple adding the Galaxy S 4 to the infringement suite....It is very upsetting to see a company as apple not to buckle down and compete like warriors instead they want to be pansies and do all this infringement crap...
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Um, they invented it and don't want it copied.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMike View Post
    Um, they invented it and don't want it copied.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Invented what? The reason for the lawsuit hasn't been announced. Don't post if you don't know the reason behind it.

    Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy S 4
    Proud owner of :
    Galaxy S4 rooted
    Galaxy Note 3 rooted
    Galaxy S5 rooted
    Thanked by 3:
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMike View Post
    Um, they invented it and don't want it copied.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Invented it? The iPhone isn't even close to what the Samsung Galaxy line is.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    I'm surprised it took this long, to be honest. I mean, they made it thinner, lighter, and improved the internals. That's clearly an Apple patent for the iPhone 5.
    Thanked by:
    jroc 
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    They won't leave EACH OTHER alone. Samsung is not a victim here man LOL. They sue others just as well. Apple, Samsung and other companies (unfortunately) have the right to sue anyone for what they "think" is theirs. If it's not then they'll lose. If it is then they'll win. That's how it works. Now yes, the patent system is all jacked up but please stop it with the Samsung sympathy. None of these companies are innocent. They are all just as greedy as the next one. What are you thoughts on Samsung possibly stealing LG's display technology? And then then suing LG because "LG tarnished their brand name" on an advertisment. But they've openly admitted to paying people to blog negative about HTC? I mean come on...... let's stop it with the "woe is Samsung" stuff. They are all greedy in one way or another. In the court or on the web LOL.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 05-14-2013 at 01:58 PM.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
    Thanked by 3:
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Come on, Apple is everybody's friend. they are even going to remove one of the Samsung phones from the lawsuit so that when the add the S4 it will still be only 22 phones (wait, does the one they remove no longer violate Apple's patents???) Apple is the um...the bad apple in the cell phone barrel.

    "Apple on Monday submitted a list of 22 Samsung products to the U.S. District Court in California that it believes infringes upon its technology, The Verge reported. The list includes a variety of smartphones and tablets such as the Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 10.1 and Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. The company also asked the court for permission to add the newly released Galaxy S4 smartphone to the case, claiming that it too infringes upon Apples patents.

    Samsung recently released its newest smartphone, the Galaxy S4, which began shipping in late April 2013, Apples legal team wrote in the document. Based on Apples analysis of the Galaxy S4, Apple has concluded that it is an infringing device and accordingly intends to move for leave to add the Galaxy S4 as an infringing product. Upon the grant of such motion, Apple will eliminate (without prejudice) one of the Accused Products named herein, so that it will continue to accuse only 22 products of infringement at this stage of the litigation."
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Of course they didn't invent it but they CHANGED the Smart Phone by making it what it is today.

    Can you really say we would have the One's and S4's if Apple sticked to Macs? I believe we would still be in QWERTY keyboard, Sliders and 3" SD Screens.

    Apple just wants the credit or this case money they deserve.



    SHIFT_tapatalk 2 s4 SGH-I377M
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

    - MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    They won't leave EACH OTHER alone. Samsung is not a victim here man LOL. They sue others just as well. Apple, Samsung and other companies (unfortunately) have the right to sue anyone for what they "think" is theirs. If it's not then they'll lose. If it is then they'll win. That's how it works. Now yes, the patent system is all jacked up but please stop it with the Samsung sympathy. None of these companies are innocent. They are all just as greedy as the next one. What are you thoughts on Samsung possibly stealing LG's display technology? And then then suing LG because "LG tarnished their brand name" on an advertisment. But they've openly admitted to paying people to blog negative about HTC? I mean come on...... let's stop it with the "woe is Samsung" stuff. They are all greedy in one way or another. In the court or on the web LOL.
    The thing that really bothers me with Apple suing everyone is they are actually successfully getting features removed that they didn't even invent. Things such as universal search and the auto replace for the keyboard on the US GS4. These things may hurt Samsung but really in the end it just sucks for the consumers.
    tohio likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    Of course they didn't invent it but they CHANGED the Smart Phone by making it what it is today.

    Can you really say we would have the One's and S4's if Apple sticked to Macs? I believe we would still be in QWERTY keyboard, Sliders and 3" SD Screens.

    Apple just wants the credit or this case money they deserve.



    SHIFT_tapatalk 2 s4 SGH-I377M
    No sure about that. Following that logic Henry Ford should have sued anyone who ever used an assembly line. That is a prime example of how Apple is trying to stifle innovation. If Henry Ford had been successful in a patent battle regarding the assembly line (assuming he had every filed a patent lawsuit) how fast would the automobile have developed and how high would automobile prices be without other manufactures being able to use the assembly line?

    EDIT: BTW, I believe you have to invent something to patent it. You don't get patents by changing existing things.
    Thanked by 4:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    Of course they didn't invent it but they CHANGED the Smart Phone by making it what it is today.

    Can you really say we would have the One's and S4's if Apple sticked to Macs? I believe we would still be in QWERTY keyboard, Sliders and 3" SD Screens.

    Apple just wants the credit or this case money they deserve.

    SHIFT_tapatalk 2 s4 SGH-I377M
    I'll be the last to say Apple is the creator of stuff but people never want to give them credit. Innovation isn't just about creation. It's also taking existing technology and using it for new uses or in a better way and Apple did that. They take things and make them super simple to use. But it takes a lot of work and smart people to take something complicated and make it easy. Samsung is doing the same thing. With the gesture stuff they have implemented in touchwiz and some of the features. 3rd party apps have been doing a lot of those things for a while but Samsung is trying to make it more usable and I don't fault them for that and they'll get credit for doing so if the widespread use is adopting. Again, neither is innocent but crazed fanatics on boths sides don't want to give either credit for anything. Just blind followers who takes sides based on their favorite devices rather than looking at the total impact.

    Apple helped changed the music industry with iTunes and google took that same idea and put it in the cloud. But there would probably be no google music if Apple didn't first have iTunes. Maybe or maybe not but Apple has done some things that made it mainstream because it was clunky and unusable before and people should acknowledge that or at least not be in denial. You don't have to love them but come on man. I mean I couldn't care less but I give credit where it is due. And all the lawsuits both ways are silly but it's understandable. If you think someone is using your stuff without your permission you have the right to fight for that. Whether you invented it or bought the patent, it's yours and the courts will decide. Now hopefully that change the patent system so this stuff can be facilitated differently. But that's a different discussion.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
    tohio likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Quote Originally Posted by tohio View Post
    No sure about that. Following that logic Henry Ford should have sued anyone who ever used an assembly line. That is a prime example of how Apple is trying to stifle innovation. If Henry Ford had been successful in a patent battle regarding the assembly line (assuming he had every filed a patent lawsuit) how fast would the automobile have developed and how high would automobile prices be without other manufactures being able to use the assembly line?
    Yeah but the assembly not is not something that's patented. I agree with your premise but that's apples and oranges. As you know, when it comes to technology, everything is patented. And if you want to use it, you have to license it. And the courts will decide that. None of us here are really qualified to speak on these patents because most of us don't know the patents laws well enough and we don't know out the underlying patented technology is really implemented until we read detailed information. So if Apple or Samsung feels they have something be infringed on, they certainly have the liberty to sue. Now it doesn't mean they are right. I don't care if they're right but they do have the right to file if they think they are. Samsung suing LG, but no one's complaining about that. Microsofting suing and getting sued all the time, but no one cares. We only care because we have a Samsung phone. If we didn't, we wouldn't care either. Whether Apple is right or not, has nothing do with it around here. People just assume any company, i.e. Their favortie Android OEM can use any piece of technology without licensing it and hope they don't get caught. And in my opinion that isn't right either.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Don't act like if any of you guys had a multi billion dollar company and you saw someone create or copy your idea in the slightest way that u would sit back and let them do it. You would protect your company/products/ patents with your life. You have to think about it from the consumer side and the business side. Companies don't get as big as apple or Samsung by sitting back and watching people take their ideas.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Quote Originally Posted by Drov View Post
    The thing that really bothers me with Apple suing everyone is they are actually successfully getting features removed that they didn't even invent. Things such as universal search and the auto replace for the keyboard on the US GS4. These things may hurt Samsung but really in the end it just sucks for the consumers.
    I agree. I don't like it either. But again, that's a problem with the patent system. Not the fact that Apple choose to exercise a right they currently have. Yes, I have a problem with the system and the outcome in some cases but I don't have a problem with a company doing what the system allows them to do.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Absolutely correct. That includes Google as well. They have and will sue people or companies who don't use Android the way they would like. Apparently for some people you are outraged depending on what device you own whether you know the facts or not.
    Android handset manufacturers have sued each other too, most notably Motorola.


    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    They won't leave EACH OTHER alone. Samsung is not a victim here man LOL. They sue others just as well. Apple, Samsung and other companies (unfortunately) have the right to sue anyone for what they "think" is theirs. If it's not then they'll lose. If it is then they'll win. That's how it works. Now yes, the patent system is all jacked up but please stop it with the Samsung sympathy. None of these companies are innocent. They are all just as greedy as the next one. What are you thoughts on Samsung possibly stealing LG's display technology? And then then suing LG because "LG tarnished their brand name" on an advertisment. But they've openly admitted to paying people to blog negative about HTC? I mean come on...... let's stop it with the "woe is Samsung" stuff. They are all greedy in one way or another. In the court or on the web LOL.
    iPhone 5s-Verizon
    Moto X Verizon
    Nexus 7 2013
    Nexus 10
    iPad Air-Verizon
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    Yeah but the assembly not is not something that's patented.
    Actually it is. For example, Henry Ford's "method" of assembling cars. I can only shutter to think what would have happened to innovation if the Apple patent addicts had been around in Henry Ford's day.

    "In United States patent law, a method, also called "process", is one of the four principal categories of things that may be patented through "utility patents". The other three are a machine, an article of manufacture (also termed a manufacture), and a composition of matter."
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    It was a while ago when I read some where that the judge actually said something about this patent issue. Cant remember who sued whom, pretty sure its either samsung or apple, but the judge actually called out one of these companies and accused them of using our justice system for their own business gains.

    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    Don't act like if any of you guys had a multi billion dollar company and you saw someone create or copy your idea in the slightest way that u would sit back and let them do it. You would protect your company/products/ patents with your life. You have to think about it from the consumer side and the business side. Companies don't get as big as apple or Samsung by sitting back and watching people take their ideas.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    And cell phones don't get to the point they are now by companies like Apple tying up all the patents that wouldn't allow others to produce innovative phones. Let's be honest here, if Apple had their way the iPhone would be the only smart phone and every other manufacturer would now be selling non smart phones.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Quote Originally Posted by Aznmrtaxes View Post
    It was a while ago when I read some where that the judge actually said something about this patent issue. Cant remember who sued whom, pretty sure its either samsung or apple, but the judge actually called out one of these companies and accused them of using our justice system for their own business gains.

    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
    "In an order released earlier this week, U.S. District Court Judge Robert Scola said that he believes Apple and Motorola "have no interest in efficiently and expeditiously resolving this dispute; they instead are using this and similar litigation worldwide as a business strategy that appears to have no end." According to Bloomberg, which was first to report on the ruling, Scola said that the companies are not properly using the court's time and resources."
    Thanked by:
    met.watts likes this.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Quote Originally Posted by tohio View Post
    "In an order released earlier this week, U.S. District Court Judge Robert Scola said that he believes Apple and Motorola "have no interest in efficiently and expeditiously resolving this dispute; they instead are using this and similar litigation worldwide as a business strategy that appears to have no end." According to Bloomberg, which was first to report on the ruling, Scola said that the companies are not properly using the court's time and resources."
    Yup this is it! Hopefully through a series of continuous never-ending suits our law makers will take a look at how they can stop this and make improvements/adjustments so the their continue to be healthy competition. Bc this is seriously getting out of hand.

    Quite frankly i'm to the point where I am boycotting apple. They might've started a foundation for the so called Smartphone, but their software lacks many features that android based phones possess and many of those foundations have been improved by the competitors to make it an overall cleaner and better experience for the consumer. If apple keep suing everyone out there what would be the point of an oligopolistic market where competition brings out the best?

    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
    tohio likes this.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Quote Originally Posted by tohio View Post
    Let's be honest here, if Apple had their way the iPhone would be the only smart phone and every other manufacturer would now be selling non smart phones.
    EXACTLY!!.....AND we would also be paying to put stuff (music/movies/etc...) into our devices and paying to use their proprietary (Apple TV/etc..) stuff as well. They would be in control of how, where and when we spend our money! AHhh, don't you guys just love their ecosystem!!

    With all that said though......they still serve a purpose in our society.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    Of course they didn't invent it but they CHANGED the Smart Phone by making it what it is today.

    Can you really say we would have the One's and S4's if Apple sticked to Macs? I believe we would still be in QWERTY keyboard, Sliders and 3" SD Screens.

    Apple just wants the credit or this case money they deserve.



    SHIFT_tapatalk 2 s4 SGH-I377M
    Its more like, Apple realized they are being left in the dust with inferior phones, I have an i5 for work and a Rezound for personal use, I would not buy the I5, its a good media phone, but that's about it as far as my needs go. The quickest way to slow the competition is to take them on in the courts in the hope that they will force a leasing deal or large fine. Apple is not poised to release anything on par with the ONE or the S4 for the foreseeable future, even investors and industry experts have mentioned this fact. This is just Apples way to lashing out at those who have surpassed them in a market that Apple helped create.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Quote Originally Posted by tarnak View Post
    Its more like, Apple realized they are being left in the dust with inferior phones, I have an i5 for work and a Rezound for personal use, I would not buy the I5, its a good media phone, but that's about it as far as my needs go. The quickest way to slow the competition is to take them on in the courts in the hope that they will force a leasing deal or large fine. Apple is not poised to release anything on par with the ONE or the S4 for the foreseeable future, even investors and industry experts have mentioned this fact. This is just Apples way to lashing out at those who have surpassed them in a market that Apple helped create.
    In other words, Apple isn't playing nice and being sore losers.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Quote Originally Posted by tohio View Post
    "In an order released earlier this week, U.S. District Court Judge Robert Scola said that he believes Apple and Motorola "have no interest in efficiently and expeditiously resolving this dispute; they instead are using this and similar litigation worldwide as a business strategy that appears to have no end." According to Bloomberg, which was first to report on the ruling, Scola said that the companies are not properly using the court's time and resources."
    I remember reading that one, he was getting on their case really good during that court case.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

    Originally Posted by ryanr509<br />
    Don't act like if any of you guys had a multi billion dollar company and you saw someone create or copy your idea in the slightest way that u would sit back and let them do it. You would protect your company/products/ patents with your life. You have to think about it from the consumer side and the business side. Companies don't get as big as apple or Samsung by sitting back and watching people take their ideas.<br />
    <br />
    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    <br />
    And cell phones don't get to the point they are now by companies like Apple tying up all the patents that wouldn't allow others to produce innovative phones. Let's be honest here, if Apple had their way the iPhone would be the only smart phone and every other manufacturer would now be selling non smart phones.
    Its not apples fault they got the patents.they aren't going to not file for a patent. Be mad at the FTC or whoever gives out the patents.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Chetan Takyar likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Just bought a Samsung epic, switching from my Pre
    By TheInvsbleMan in forum Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 03:48 PM
  2. How are YOU killling apps? Or do you leave em alone?
    By droidntn in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 03:32 PM
  3. HTC weather animation leave me alone.
    By ryaleon in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 02:14 PM
  4. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 04:47 PM
  5. just wont sync??
    By Kamran1981 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 06:42 PM

Posting Permissions