Google Voice not working on S4??

areaman714

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Help please. Just upgraded to a Galaxy S4 from a Galaxy S2. I installed and set as voice mail default the Google Voice app for voice mail and I am getting nothing on Google Voice. Voice Mails go to the phone's voice mail and txts don't go to Google voice as they did on my S2. What might I be missing? Thank You!

Parafly9

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Help please. Just upgraded to a Galaxy S4 from a Galaxy S2. I installed and set as voice mail default the Google Voice app for voice mail and I am getting nothing on Google Voice. Voice Mails go to the phone's voice mail and txts don't go to Google voice as they did on my S2. What might I be missing? Thank You!

Did you previously use Google Voice? DId you dial the right numbers ( I forget what they are, *72 or something) to get the appropriate forwarding setup?

areaman714

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Did you previously use Google Voice? DId you dial the right numbers ( I forget what they are, *72 or something) to get the appropriate forwarding setup?

Thank you for replying. I used Google Voice before on Sprint. Now I am on T-Mobile. I went on Google voice on my pc and dialed the provided symbol/number sequence (**416*16243333333#) from my phone and got an error message.

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I used Google Voice before on Sprint. Now I am on T-Mobile. I went on Google voice on my pc and dialed the provided symbol/number sequence (**416*16243333333#) from my phone and got an error message.

First off Sprint and Google Voice are more tightly integrated than other carriers. Depending on how you had it set up you may never be able to duplicate it on TM. I don't recognize that **416 feature code--it's not native cdma or gsm--may be unique to the Sprint/GV partnership. GSM uses *67 for fwd if busy, *61 for fwd no answer and *62 for fwd if unreachable. Easy way is to go to phone app, menu, call settings, call forwarding, voice call. Should query the system and show you what's currently set. You can change each setting there also. There are some APPS on Play Store that allow fast changes once they're configured. Depending on your Sprint/GV setup you may have to somehow reset GV to not expect Sprint.

areaman714

May 18, 2013
Visit site
First off Sprint and Google Voice are more tightly integrated than other carriers. Depending on how you had it set up you may never be able to duplicate it on TM. I don't recognize that **416 feature code--it's not native cdma or gsm--may be unique to the Sprint/GV partnership. GSM uses *67 for fwd if busy, *61 for fwd no answer and *62 for fwd if unreachable. Easy way is to go to phone app, menu, call settings, call forwarding, voice call. Should query the system and show you what's currently set. You can change each setting there also. There are some APPS on Play Store that allow fast changes once they're configured. Depending on your Sprint/GV setup you may have to somehow reset GV to not expect Sprint.

Yeah. I remember the Sprint integration being a piece of cake. On my S4, I cannot access my call forwarding as it is grayed-out for some reason.

I have Google Voice set as my voice mail client. I also went to my PC Google Voice page and got a code to call from my phone. This was **004*1714681$$$$# ($$$$ = last four digits of my Google Voice number). When I do this, I get pop-up that says "ussd code running", then another popup that reads: "call forwarding connection invalid or improper mmi code" I am thinking this might be a lost cause, no? Thank you very much for the prompt inputs!

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you need to do the *67 route. What you're trying to do is probably tailored for sprint. Have you tried that yet?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

areaman714

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you need to do the *67 route. What you're trying to do is probably tailored for sprint. Have you tried that yet?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

I definitely tried all of the above! Not sure which one worked as there was no tangible immediate feedback. But google voice is now working on my S4! Working very well I might add! I was finally able to manipulate my call forwarding settings to my Google Voice number. For whatever reason, it was disabled before! Regardless, thank you very much to all for your help! I hope I can help another out in the future as you have helped me! Thanks again!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums

mustangriderz1

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
does any one know how to change the settings on the S4 to be able to CHOOSE when to use google voice to make calls and when NOT to use the google voice??? i recently bought the S4 for sprint and i am no longer to choose the "use every time, or ask every time i make a call" setting on the galaxy S4 with sprint, can anyone help? thanks!!

METIKULUS

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Instead of logging into your gmail account, log into your google-voicemail account. Go into settings and you'll see a link that says to "activate" and replace the carrier account for voicemail. Instructions then tell you to dial a long code, as tho you're ringing and then it finally activates GoogleVoice on the S4. What a palaava... I hate interacting with people over the phone especially after going thru a long prompt that takes an hour before speaking to a rep. This cuts thru the bull and takes care of it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87