Any wifi tether apps work on this phone?

cowbells

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
So far ive tried two, both of which worked fine on my nexus but they arent working on my S4. Im rooted so I assume this should be easy to do... anyone know of any apps that have been updated?

Im sure in time we will see devs start putting this in roms but until then im in a pinch!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
So far ive tried two, both of which worked fine on my nexus but they arent working on my S4. Im rooted so I assume this should be easy to do... anyone know of any apps that have been updated?

Im sure in time we will see devs start putting this in roms but until then im in a pinch!

ES File explorer allows tethering. No root needed and I have tested and confirm this myself. Go to Net Manager. Create a hotspot network. After being connected you will get internet access.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
ES File explorer allows tethering. No root needed and I have tested and confirm this myself. Go to Net Manager. Create a hotspot network. After being connected you will get internet access.

this is "free" tethering correct lol. lucky me i still have the unlimited

- - - Updated - - -

non rooted if it matters

cowbells

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok thanks ill try those. I just dont wanna have to install any software on my computer or use a pay app. Any mods out there that unlock the native system built in one?

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by cowbells

Doesn't appear to work on a non-rooted Sprint S4 - get a "hotspot not supported" message in net manager. FWIW.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Android Central Forums

RicanS4

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't appear to work on a non-rooted Sprint S4 - get a "hotspot not supported" message in net manager. FWIW.

It's not working on my Sprint GS4 either. It says "Unable to connect to Data network, turning off hotspot. your plan may not have the Hotsport service, please contact your phone company"

I guess I need to try another option that isn't paid.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
It's not working on my Sprint GS4 either. It says "Unable to connect to Data network, turning off hotspot. your plan may not have the Hotsport service, please contact your phone company"

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Android Central Forums

I don't have my phone rooted and I just confirmed it is still working. There is a thread on xda on modifying some files to enable tethering. I am just too scared to do something like that.

bencpht

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has an extra charge for the hotspot. I believe they've spent a ton disabling it and the known work arounds. Att and Verizoninclude it because they do not have unlimited data plans anymore.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jaxterzz

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Why do we need an app for tethering? There's one built in right into the phone. That's the one I use anyways and my phone plan gets unlimited tethering (or so it says...). I wonder how my plan differentiates between my data usage and my tethering usage.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site

I use FOXFI non rooted and works fine for me the first time I got a similar message like the one you get and all I did was turn off the hotspot that comes with the phone as default ......after that no problem at all.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Why do we need an app for tethering? There's one built in right into the phone. That's the one I use anyways and my phone plan gets unlimited tethering (or so it says...). I wonder how my plan differentiates between my data usage and my tethering usage.
Because some companies have the tethering service as an additional service for which they charge extra.

FredSchall

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Any wifi tether apps work on this phone? Samsun Galaxy s4 Sprint 4g LTE

I downloaded file explorer (specifically which File Exploer)?? There are many offered. I can not locate Net Manager. Can you please help. I am not rooted. Many thanks!!! Regards.... :)
I want to teather. Any help is most apprecaited!!!!!

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Any wifi tether apps work on this phone? Samsun Galaxy s4 Sprint 4g LTE

I downloaded file explorer (specifically which File Exploer)?? There are many offered. I can not locate Net Manager. Can you please help. I am not rooted. Many thanks!!! Regards.... :)
I want to teather. Any help is most apprecaited!!!!!

Since last update, ES File Explorer no longer works. You need to purchase Foxfi.

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
ES file explorer STILL works to turn on tethering.

Simply choose the option Net Manager then Create hotspot.
When the message says Verifying.....just hit the home key.
You will get message saying not authorized but does work and you can go in and setup hotspot passwords etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87