Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which is better to use Chrome or standard "Internet" browser on S4?

I downloaded Chrome on my S4. So now when I click on a web link it asks me if I want to use Chrome or the regular stock "Internet" app (i.e. the little earth icon). Is one better than the other? If I just use Chrome as my default am I going to be missing anything?

Default Re: Which is better to use Chrome or standard "Internet" browser on S4?

Quote Originally Posted by lindseybp View Post
    I downloaded Chrome on my S4. So now when I click on a web link it asks me if I want to use Chrome or the regular stock "Internet" app (i.e. the little earth icon). Is one better than the other? If I just use Chrome as my default am I going to be missing anything?
    I do not have an answer for you....but my S4 already had Chrome on it.

If you use the stock app, then you can use the Air View features, but if you use Chrome, then you can sync it with your desktop version of Chrome, so it depends on your use case. Personally I use Dolphin Browser instead of either of these because it's the fastest.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by effreyj View Post
    If you use the stock app, then you can use the Air View features, but if you use Chrome, then you can sync it with your desktop version of Chrome, so it depends on your use case. Personally I use Dolphin Browser instead of either of these because it's the fastest.
    I didn't think about the air view features. I never use them anyway so may just make chrome my default. Syncing with the desktop version is kind of nice too.

I use Opera as my default and love it! I love that it has text to fit screen when you zoom and so many other features including a news feed.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

personally..... Firefox OS is better than everything on Android. I wish I loved Chrome but it's too laggy

I use the stock app. With air view on, you can hover over text and it will expand. (Handy for us old guys!!)..But i just use the gesture function. The whole "head-turn-to-scroll-up/down-to view-webpages" deal...nah...doesn't work for me...

I used the stock and Chrome and didn't really like them. I downloaded Firefox...so far...so good.