Flash not working properly on s4

vicki74

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the camera settings set to auto.
Flash is on auto.
I frame an image, the flash lights it up, the square goes green, the flash goes off..... but the resultant photo is dark.

Any ideas????

vicki74

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes ive pressed reset snd flash is on auto. It lights up subject but when I shoot, it lights up thrn clicks, almost clicking milli seconds after, so the photo is dull???

kthslvn

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I'd be interested in any answers you get because my Galaxy S4 flash also does not sync with photo taking. It lights up, flashes then the camera shutter takes the picture.

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
What you said sounds similar to what's happening to me. I did not know this was an issue :/

EDIT: You're right, my camera's doing exactly the same thing. The flash goes off and then the shutter takes the picture so I get a dark picture :(
Reset my settings and it gave a brighter picture as everything was in sync. In the earlier photos it did actually go off during the photo, but gave a darker photo (maybe it fired a second too early)

Last edited:

Harold Clements

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
What you said sounds similar to what's happening to me. I did not know this was an issue :/

EDIT: You're right, my camera's doing exactly the same thing. The flash goes off and then the shutter takes the picture so I get a dark picture :(
Reset my settings and it gave a brighter picture as everything was in sync. In the earlier photos it did actually go off during the photo, but gave a darker photo (maybe it fired a second too early)

Harold Clements

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Seems like a number of people have this issue but there seems to be no answer. Maybe Google just wants us to take their stupid "Developers Survey" as that is all I find when trying to resolve this issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non