Samsung galaxy s4 help!!

jpaguilar

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I'm new at android and I recently got my s4. My phone came with the last update 4.22. Today I bought a sd card. I bought a sandisk micro sd hc. My sd works properly. I followed the steps of many video tutorials on how to save apps in the sd card. As I go into app manager and select downloaded applications, the sd saving function does not appear. All my apps are saved in the internal storage and its getting full.
Please help
Thankyou..

jwxoxo

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps this is what Samsung meant when it said it would addressing GS4 storage capacity concerns through "software optimization." Samsung is starting to roll out an update to both the international and U.S. versions of the Galaxy S4 that will allow users to move applications to an SD card. Previously, a user would need to root his or her device in order to do that. It also includes several other enhancements, including new camera firmware, an issue with ?smearing? while scrolling, HDR video support, a semi-transparent status bar, new settings icons and more.

The software is apparently already hitting Qualcomm-based Galaxy S4 devices but an update for Exynos-equipped devices is on the way, too. A quick check on our AT&T Galaxy S4, however, showed us that an update is currently not available. Perhaps it?s rolling out over time or needs carrier approval, first. My friend had the same issue with her S4 and this is what we found... Hope it helps !

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Earlier versions of Android allowed moving various apps to a card. The latest does not.

As the earlier poster indicated, Samsung has decided to change this and roll out an update.

Personally, I'm finding 16gb is fine as long as I keep media files on an SD card. Most apps are pretty small. And often they leave a footprint on the device internal memory anyway. Out of 9.4 gb useable, you might save just 10-20 megs with a lot of them. Some, like Facebook, have a tendency to bloat. But the key problem tends to be with huge apps like games. Keep media files and the like on the SD card. If you're a gamer, you'll need the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38