Dim buttons fault?

Cha_Cha_tweet

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Please help. I am new to the Forum but did scour all of the other questions before posting.

I have a Galaxy S4, I have had this for just over 2 weeks. The 2 capacitive buttons on the bottom of the phone (menu button and back button) are quite "dim." The back button arrow especially is very dim. Does anyone have any idea how these buttons are lit? I can see some "dots" but the dots on the back arrow are only partly lit up and this button looks like it is barely on, it is barely lit. Is this a common fault?

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
sounds like something is wrong with your phone. The lighting can't be increased/decreased from what I know. Have you tried turning it off and pulling the battery out, then put it back in and restart?

Cha_Cha_tweet

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Have not tried the battery thing, so just did it. Made no difference unfortunately.

Do yours have "bright" capacitive buttons? Can you see each individual dot on them? My only have one or two dots lit up - worse on the back arrow

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is what you're seeing, but in my phone the capacitive buttons only light up when I have my fingers on the screen. Not sure if that's normal. Bothered me at first, but I'm getting used remembering innately which button is which.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Have not tried the battery thing, so just did it. Made no difference unfortunately.

Do yours have "bright" capacitive buttons? Can you see each individual dot on them? My only have one or two dots lit up - worse on the back arrow
When mine light up I can see everything. No missing dots in the icons or anything.
Do you have a screen protector on?

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Probably shouldn't bump this because it's old...but it is the first link on Google. Your keys probably look dim because somebody has had the glass repaired on the phone. They likely misplaced the black tape that surrounds the buttons, or used black adhesive instead of cleae to readhere the glass to the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZCY