Removal and reattachment of Watch 6 band very difficult

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't have weak thumbs but I just got my Watch 6 (planned on trading in Watch 4) and I'm struggling with the buttons on the bands. All the videos I've watched are of males removing and reattaching the bands so I wonder if any females here are having difficulty pressing the button in while removing and reinserting the band, If those buttons don't become easier to press I'm going to have to return this watch to Samsung. Very disappointed so far.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
It was a bit of a learning curve for me, but it did get easier. I understand what you're saying, however, as initially I was not impressed.

Most of the straps I use are my old ones which work fine with my Watch 6 Classic.

Reactions: jadenerd

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't have weak thumbs but I just got my Watch 6 (planned on trading in Watch 4) and I'm struggling with the buttons on the bands. All the videos I've watched are of males removing and reattaching the bands so I wonder if any females here are having difficulty pressing the button in while removing and reinserting the band, If those buttons don't become easier to press I'm going to have to return this watch to Samsung. Very disappointed so far.
I'm a fairly large man, but I'm a bit surprised that this is an issue. I've got a fabric band and the incredibly overpriced titanium watch 5 Pro bracelet from samsung, and neither of them require a lot of force to push the button in. In fact, I would have thought ladies would have less trouble because they're a bit fidly...

Which band specifically is giving this much resistance?

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm a fairly large man, but I'm a bit surprised that this is an issue. I've got a fabric band and the incredibly overpriced titanium watch 5 Pro bracelet from samsung, and neither of them require a lot of force to push the button in. In fact, I would have thought ladies would have less trouble because they're a bit fidly...

Which band specifically is giving this much resistance?
It's the plain silicone sports band. I did manage last night to depress the button on one side of the band with the stylus from my phone and remove the band. However, reinserting it was another struggle. It may be that the buttons are just stiff and need to be pressed several times to loosen. I actually called Samsung to see if this is normal for this band or if mine might be defective. Typical of Samsung Support, the agent was clueless and suggested taking remote control of the watch to resolve the issue - LOL! I have small hands but my pinch strength, as measured with a pinch meter is 8 pounds, which is within the norms for a female of my age.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
It was a bit of a learning curve for me, but it did get easier. I understand what you're saying, however, as initially I was not impressed.

Most of the straps I use are my old ones which work fine with my Watch 6 Classic.
It is always something - LOL! I want to use all my previous bands from my Watch 4 so need to see they work.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I finally managed, with the help of the stylus to push in the buttons on both sides and remove the bands. My old bands fit fine and are definitely easier to insert than the new style band. Since, I believe I don't have to return my old black sports band with the trade in, problem solved. Appreciate the help!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It's the plain silicone sports band. I did manage last night to depress the button on one side of the band with the stylus from my phone and remove the band. However, reinserting it was another struggle. It may be that the buttons are just stiff and need to be pressed several times to loosen. I actually called Samsung to see if this is normal for this band or if mine might be defective. Typical of Samsung Support, the agent was clueless and suggested taking remote control of the watch to resolve the issue - LOL! I have small hands but my pinch strength, as measured with a pinch meter is 8 pounds, which is within the norms for a female of my age.
Now I kinda wanna get a silicone sport band to see if it is really that difficult or if I'm just taking my strength for granted.... testosterone is a hell of a drug lol. I've already got a pink one and a blue one in the old style, though.

Yeah, CS reps usually don't know what they are talking about, but this one may have reached a whole level of their own!

Reactions: jadenerd

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
They changed the band pin release on the watch 6, it sucks. Whoever designed that needs to be fired.
The testers must have had superior thumb strength and certainly didn't include anyone with arthritis in their thumbs. It's not just a matter of depressing the button but of keeping it depressed while inserting and removing the bands. Samsung is marketing this gimmick as an improved and easier way to change bands - UGH!

Nephalem42

Mar 30, 2024
Visit site
I bought a cloth/fabric band for my new Galaxy Watch6 and did not have extreme difficulty getting the silicon band off but could not get the cloth band on so I put the silicon one back on which took a little figuring out and granted was more difficult than taking it off but I figured it out. To be fair, I had JUST cut my fingernails so when they grow out a little more I'll probably try again. The Samsung Gear S3 (the watch I replaced) was the same way... easy to take the band off but required patience and diligence getting a new band on.