Netgear WNDR4500 and the Galaxy S4 using 5G

robjulo

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having issues (or not having issues) with Netgears WNDR4500 router and the GS4?

A little background, I bought a GS4 several weeks ago, which I later returned during the two week restocking period. One issue I had was the wifi losing communication (signal was still there with plenty of strength but nothing would communicate). Turning wifi off and then immediately back on always cleared the issue. The issue would happen several times per day.

I went back to the 4s for about a month. I am now back on the GS4 (brand new one) and the issue is happening with this phone as well.

I don't recall having issues once I tuned to non-5g, but would prefer to use 5g. I know there is at least one other brand of router that was having a very similar issue. Has anyone experienced it with this particular router?

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone having issues (or not having issues) with Netgears WNDR4500 router and the GS4?

A little background, I bought a GS4 several weeks ago, which I later returned during the two week restocking period. One issue I had was the wifi losing communication (signal was still there with plenty of strength but nothing would communicate). Turning wifi off and then immediately back on always cleared the issue. The issue would happen several times per day.

I went back to the 4s for about a month. I am now back on the GS4 (brand new one) and the issue is happening with this phone as well.

I don't recall having issues once I tuned to non-5g, but would prefer to use 5g. I know there is at least one other brand of router that was having a very similar issue. Has anyone experienced it with this particular router?

I have a problem that I to have a 5g router Netgear as well and the funny thing is none of my devices will connect to the 5g only 2.4g lol.

sharpehenry

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
5ghz has strong throughputs but cannot penetrate walls as well as 2.4ghz does.

Why don't you like using 2.4ghz? Any particular reason? 5ghz is good for stationary devices within the same room such as desktop PC, witeless repeater, and such.

I don't recommend connecting 5ghz bandwidth on any types of portable devices.. range just isn't good. Or at least the radar is very bad at penetrating walls or any obstacles.

Posted via Android Central App

skyjjc

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I had similar issues with a wndr3700, but my current r6300 works fine and supports the ac mode available on the phone. Suggest you submit a trouble ticket with netgear and see if they come up with anything to help

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4