samsung galaxy s4 TALK to TEXT

monstercookie

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
So, while im in a text message in general id rather talk into my phone instead of texting it, but it seems the microphone icon isn't available in the text message part.... any idea why this is.. or how I enable it.. or if this is only available in driving mode. thank u.

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It's usually somewhere on ur keyboard, not in the actual app. Mines on the comma but I'm using SwiftKey

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
This is the default keyboard on my gs4 and the mic is on the left side of the comma...if you dont see it long press that button and it should show up as an option.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1375288246348.jpg
    1375288246348.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 69

lizzyann

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
My talk to text is not working. I have the mic. But when i click it, it says no network available. please try again when you are connected the network. I don't know how it got disconnected nor how to reconnect.

swpwv75

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I used to have a Windows phone, and it had a Talk to Text/Text to Talk function that actually "read" the text messages to me through my bluetooth headset, and allowed me to respond to them that way as well. Does the Samsung Galaxy S4 have that function as well?

JoeGriffin

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
did you get this isssue fixed? My SG4 was working fine and just a few days ago the same issue started on my phone as well. When hitting the microphone while in google, text messaging i receive the pop up message..... "No network available Please try again when you are connected to the network". Why is this happening and more importantly how do i fix it?

Gerald Pearce

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Tracey, Try just holding your finger on the cog and mic button and the mic symbol will come up. Then
hold your finger on the mic button. The cog and mic buttons will then be reversed on the keyboard.

Kelestia

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem with my mic button not showing up. Click your Menu button on the bottom left. Go to More at the top right. Go to your Application Manager. Swipe across to Turned off and make sure you have Google Search turned on. Mine was turned off. I now have the mic option under the cog button again.

dugster1968

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Kelestia had the proper solution for me

i have same problem.
i press and hold settings on the left side of space bar, i get the following options,
T w/pencil
clipboard
cameraT
cog
smiley face
floating keyboard

No microphone option

Dadburns

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Kelestia had the fix. On mine Google Search was on, but I turned it off and then back on. Afterward the Microphone Icon was available on the text message keyboard again. Beauty and Brains, Kelestia has it all! Thanks!

Heather Lutterman

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
thank you thank you THANK YOU! Funny how a simple thing like that will disappear. I guess I disabled s few apps and didn't realize Google search was connected with voice to text. Thanks for the solution! :)

Meesha Hallski

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Whether or not the microphone is on your keyboard depends on which setting is on your phone. My device> language and input> keyboards. It depends on which keyboard you've selected. I wanted the cool icons so I switched (I think to Samsung keyboard) but then my microphone disappeared. When I switched back to swype as default, I can no longer voice-to-text. The microphone is there but after I say my text it will not appear in the text box.