Is there anyway to use lockscreen widgets with a pin lock?

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Please help

Posted via Android Central App

Yes there is, you have to encrypt your SD card and phone data - Go to settings >> More >> Security>> then choose to encrypt phone and then SD Card. After Swipe unlocking your phone it will ask you for your password to get past the encryption on the phone.

hope this helps.

thanks

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes there is, you have to encrypt your SD card and phone data - Go to settings >> More >> Security>> then choose to encrypt phone and then SD Card. After Swipe unlocking your phone it will ask you for your password to get past the encryption on the phone.

hope this helps.

thanks

Does it only work when you turn the phone on?

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Temporarily remove the PIN, add the shortcuts to the widgets. Once set, enable the PIN. You will not get it once the phone actually locks i.e. after 5 minutes, but you will see them when the screen times out i.e. 15 seconds.

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Does it only work when you turn the phone on?

Well when I was playing around with those settings the other day if I turned the phone off and on you will need to put the code in to get past.

I use widget locker and when I had the encryption in place widget locker still worked but after either unlocking it or launching something from the lock screen it would ask for the code.

that's my experience anyway.