No more latitude, now what?

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
So my girlfriend and I want to stalk each other, but she has an iPhone and Google Plus still has not updated to allow for location sharing. I have a GS4 and she has a iPhone 4s.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a latitude type of app?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Searching the store for "gps tracker" gives lots of choices. We use "Real Time GPS Tracker" but I don't see an iPhone version. InstaTracker has both BUT the iPhone client has to run in the foreground, ie can't be doing anything else. That may be a problem with any 3rd party app--multitasking huh? Has Google given a reason for dropping Latitude?

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Searching the store for "gps tracker" gives lots of choices. We use "Real Time GPS Tracker" but I don't see an iPhone version. InstaTracker has both BUT the iPhone client has to run in the foreground, ie can't be doing anything else. That may be a problem with any 3rd party app--multitasking huh? Has Google given a reason for dropping Latitude?
Minimizing apps. They basically shifted it into the G+ ecosystem since it's a "social" feature.
Why do you guys need to stalk each other sounds like trust issues

Posted via Android Central App
It isn't always about trust, some people just like their friends/family to be aware of their locations. My wife and I used it when one of us was going to a new place in case of problems. Additionally, it helps to see when someone is on the way to xyz location in making preparations for their arrival (surprise dinners/parties, reservations, etc). Besides, it isn't like Lattitude/Location Sharing can't be turned off ;).

Mitri360

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Life 360 works well. But I have the s4 I sometimes have to manually refresh my location because it doesn't seem to like to do it itself. 2 optimus g on my account have no issue.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Life 360 works well. But I have the s4 I sometimes have to manually refresh my location because it doesn't seem to like to do it itself. 2 optimus g on my account have no issue.

I've used Life 360 before on my Motorola Photon and it didn't work as promised. I just don't really trust it after that.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

And this works on iOS?

jmelan

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Uninstall updates to go back to the old maps - new maps is terrible for multiple reasons

Sideman7

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Glympse. It should work on both platforms and does far better tracking than latitude did...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Glympse. It should work on both platforms and does far better tracking than latitude did...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

We tried this but I think you have to send your location manually.

There is a Life360 app also. I'm going to check those out. My wife and I like to share locations.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Ok this looks like it would work. Gonna check this out now. Thanks!

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Uninstall updates to go back to the old maps - new maps is terrible for multiple reasons

New Maps is the only one that works on my GS3 in Phoenix. Whenever I go back to the old one it gets stuck looking for GPS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
My wife has an iPhone and I have the GS4 and we both use Life 360. I've actually been pretty impressed with how well it works and how accurate it is.