Samsung s4 bluetooth disconnects with incoming call

dannywisconsin

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I'm having an issue with my bluetooth connection. Whenever I'm on a call talking through a bluetooth headset and I get an inbound / incoming call, the bluetooth connection drops and the audio goes back to the handset even though the bluetooth headset is still paired with my phone. I'm not sure if their is a conflict with an app that I'm running because this exact issue happened on my HTC One as well. It doesn't make a difference if I'm on my bmw handsfree connection or my samsung headset or my plantronics, issue is still their. Please Help!

Field Tester

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have this same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S3 - when I'm using a Bluetooth headset (e.g. Plantronics Voyager Pro+) for a call, an incoming call will disconnect the headset and send the call to the phone. I can manually cycle the "Headset" button on the phone to bring the call back to the Bluetooth headset, but this is very disruptive. Help???

Justin Boland1

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Samsung s4 and s3 bluetooth sound disconnects back to phone on calls

I hve had more or less the same problem. 98% of the time I talk on my Bluthooth the sound disconects from the head set back to the phone. I had the s3 same problem and now I have the s4 again same problem! I have deleted all apps and nothing. The only thing I have not tryed to chage is the head set brand It is the plantronics explorer 210! I also have the new one and same problem. To be honest one of the resons I gave my self permission to chage my s3 to a s4 was becouse of this problem. Please help some one please!! :'(

Ellen Schwartz1

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Me too -- I'm using a Galaxy S4 and have had the problem since the beginning of this year, not sure exactly when. It happens with all different headsets. Unfortunately, I tend to lose headsets, except for the one I dropped into my coffee cup and didn't find until the next day... so I've been able to replicate this problem with Motorola H17, Motorola H19txt, some Plantronics, a Blue Ant.... It's not the headset, and people are reporting this problem with different phones, so I think it's Android. I'm running 4.4.2 at the moment but this problem started several versions ago.

I am using Google Search for my voice dialing, with all updates removed. With the updates added, there are a host of other problems. I'm pretty sure I was also having the disconnect problem covered in this thread when I was also having the host of other problems. However, about a month ago, I experienced two weeks where the problem went away: if there was an incoming call, I could answer it or reject it, and either way, my headset was still connected. A miracle. And then the problem came back. This definitely discourages talking on the phone when driving, since one has to fiddle with the phone in order to reconnect the headset.

It's really sad because I like the Android OS better than I liked my iPhone except it's a real struggle to use it as a phone.

cmtyree

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I had the problem with my S5 that I gave up on (that story needs to be a whole other post). I bought a Note Edge that I love and it did not have the problem until a few days ago. No one at T-Mobile or Samsung knew about the issue but I am suspecting that it has something to do with the number of bluetooth devices paired. Right now I have 5. Both devices were Kit Kat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo