SGS 4 - Can't transfer files or data from pc to micro SD card ?

MrSourGit

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I bought a 32gb samsung micro sd card , i thought i could just download my ROM files for my playstation emulator (eSPXe) onto my pc. Then just drag and drop them into my SD card via USB. Thing is , every time i try to do this i get a file transfer loading screen pop up and the bar is'nt moving. Im having no lluck with this at all :( !!!

Anyone got any ideas what im doing wrong ? I've been trying for hours :( It lets me drag folders , but no files.

The card is mounted and i can see it in 'My files' , I've tried to format via my samsung s4 , in a hope that maybe this would fix my problem. But im still having no luck what so ever.

Any help would really be appreciated .

Thanks guys.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

There's been a lot of strange things happening to folks who have S4's and microSD cards. I thing would try is to put the card in a separate card reader and plug that into your PC and try copying them that way.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
What USB connection mode is the S4 using? If you enable "USB debugging" in the Developer Options section of Settings the PC should be able to access the SD Card like any other external drive.

MrSourGit

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

There's been a lot of strange things happening to folks who have S4's and microSD cards. I thing would try is to put the card in a separate card reader and plug that into your PC and try copying them that way.

GoodSync.com
Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Sadly I do not currently have another method to read the card , only thing I own at the moment that could mount the card is my S4.

Im going to try to copy onto the card from my laptop (rather than my desktop ) when I get home , just to ensure it isn't my pc acting weird.

GoodSync.com

Thanks , ill look into this when I am home. Ill let you know how I get on.

What USB connection mode is the S4 using? If you enable "USB debugging" in the Developer Options section of Settings the PC should be able to access the SD Card like any other external drive.

Thank you very much , I just found how to get to developer settings and enable this USB debugging !

Ill give this a go when I get home !!!

Thank you :)

MrSourGit

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok , i tried to transfer files from my laptop to the sd card (mounted in S4) and it worked and now i have Theme Hospital on my phone .... i loved that game so ,,,, so so much !!!! Thanks for help guys :) !!!!

So so glad i traded my IPhone5 for a S4 , best thing ive ever done !!!!!!

The long train journeys to work , i now will want the train to stop haha !!!! <3