Help with GoSMS

FernleyE

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey all.

Let me say straight away I'm new to the S4 and Android in general have finally bailed on BB.

So it's been a bit a of an experiment but thus far I am very happy and obviously the S4 is a significant device.

My question is about the GoSMS app.
I have downloaded it and even paid for the plus version and I did that because I found the native SMS a little lacking. What I can't figure out is how to set this app so that when I send a group text the recipients do not all get each others replies. There are several reason for this, like security and just not needing all recipients phones buzzing every time someone in the group replies.

The case in point is, yesterday I sent an SMS to 9 people. It was an "FYI" type message but 2 people in the group had several questions and a conversation ensued. One of the people in the original SMS is a lawyer who was in court and her phone "was blowing up" because of the back and forth exchanges and just 8 other peoples acknowledgements.

So. Is there a way to stop this and if not is there an SMS app out there that is efficient, reliable and has the feature I seek?

Thanks in advance for this and the future help. Hopefully this isn't that "stupid question" or something so obvious I should have known before asking.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
There's no such thing as a stupid question :)

Did you check in the settings to see if Group Messaging was checked off?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Did you try unchecking that? Maybe it'll just send as an individual SMS instead of a group MMS.

Sent from my AT&T GNote 2 on top of a Beanstalk

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
No joy.

Hmmmm ok thank you for your help. I'm gonna have to do some more research it seems.

Most smart phones group texts from multiple users in one thread. Try wiggio tho its made to send text blasts for more professional settings.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

FernleyE

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Most smart phones group texts from multiple users in one thread. Try wiggio tho its made to send text blasts for more professional settings.

Wiggio is not in the app store. When I google it the website doesn't suggest it's an SMS app. Thanks for the suggestion though.

FernleyE

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok so after much research I found ancient thread on this forum that suggested, simply turn off the "group message" option in the settings. DUH!
Truth is I was thinking this would be an option but I was concerned that turning that off I wouldn't be able to send a group message. But it seems that isn't the case. I tried it and I can still select a pre-populated group from my contacts list.
My experiment was I sent a message to my 3 daughters (a group already established and saved in my contacts) told them I was selling their shoe collections to pay for their university lodging costs (and then go on vacation with what was left). Each replied but you could tell they couldn't see each other's replies. Yay me!

Anyway, I guess it's the simple stuff that gets things done.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok so after much research I found ancient thread on this forum that suggested, simply turn off the "group message" option in the settings. DUH!
Truth is I was thinking this would be an option but I was concerned that turning that off I wouldn't be able to send a group message. But it seems that isn't the case. I tried it and I can still select a pre-populated group from my contacts list.
My experiment was I sent a message to my 3 daughters (a group already established and saved in my contacts) told them I was selling their shoe collections to pay for their university lodging costs (and then go on vacation with what was left). Each replied but you could tell they couldn't see each other's replies. Yay me!

Anyway, I guess it's the simple stuff that gets things done.

2 people in this thread told you to do so...

FernleyE

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
2 people in this thread told you to do so...

Actually as I review the thread only 1 suggested it. But it must have been fun for you to point out my oversight or what was actually a misunderstanding.Good on you.

And for the record I thought the suggestion was regards to the native app. Which was turned off. I didn't realize that was also required in the GoSms app as well. Wich was turned off.

Anyway thanks for the lesson and reenforcing the trepidation about asking rudimentary questions.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Actually as I review the thread only 1 suggested it. But it must have been fun for you to point out my oversight or what was actually a misunderstanding.Good on you.

And for the record I thought the suggestion was regards to the native app. Which was turned off. I didn't realize that was also required in the GoSms app as well. Wich was turned off.

Anyway thanks for the lesson and reenforcing the trepidation about asking rudimentary questions.

It wasn't about asking the question. Your question was valid, it was that you disregarded both (because there is most definitely 2) answers that would have solved your problem.

But yes. It was fun. :D